General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Whatever decision you make, you are the one that has to live with it, not a problem here with that. I have made the same decision, but with a different outcome, I chose to keep riding and my train of thought on it is IF I get killed while riding then at least I died doing what I love to do. I have lost several friends over the years to motorcycle accidents, and many more to car accidents, a few to hunting accidents, and a few to drug overdoses, if we allow ourselves to think too much about the ones that have lived and left and what could of been done to stop it, and then we stop doing that just so it will not happen to us, then in the end all we are going to be able to do is breathe. My philosophy on life and death are simple, when it is your turn to go you are gone, no matter what you are doing, weather it be skydiving of sitting on the toilet taking a CHIT.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:24 PM
Maxama
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your buddy.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:25 PM
bjewell
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Memo to myself: I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed, I'm not gonna get depressed...

There are so few things in life a modern man can truly enjoy. If you took riding away from me, eve at 64, I'm gonna lose a whole big part of my very simple existence. I undrstand your reasoning. You have a family and responsibilitues. Get an off-road bike, but I hope you keep on riding. And I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

This is all happening because we live in a society of fools that do not give a **** about anything but their little pathetic world... and the fact that at least in California, they are laying off cops at a tremendous rate.

Last edited by bjewell; 07-19-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Be well, man. If your heart isn't in it, better to step away.

Maybe you could get more active in MRO's in your area to help change the laws for instances like you explained. It doesn't bring your buddy back but could be a small way to honor his life.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 PM
GeezerDude
Cruiser

Can definitely understand your decision. I just started riding and scenarios like the randomness of your buddy's death definitely weighed on me and my decision to postpone getting a bike for so many years.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

I can respect your decision. They way I read it, you feel you have a great responsibility to your children than to your own hobbies. And you want to be there for them. I have 2 daughters, and they are the reason I don't return to a life of selling drugs again. It isn't fair to them, they didn't ask for the hell I have put them through, and I don't plan to do it again.

Don't quit the forum, you can help others in many ways, and still enjoy some of it. Don't make any rash decisions, but I hope you are happy with whatever ones you do make.

Be safe. RD

Old 07-19-2010, 10:47 PM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, failure to yield, I know the cop is correct. But the fact that the driver flees knowing that I'm probably severely injured or dead? That's what totally pi$$es me off! Im not bragging, just being honest, a good number of riders wouldn't have faired as well in that situation. And it happened so fast, I can't recall what I did to keep it under control. But I do recall feeling out of control, that's what makes me feel very uncomfortable. How I didn't lock it up, slide out from all the gravel, or lose it hitting the deep potholes and mailbox, I can't answer. It was a situation that was unavoidable. How someone could consider this a funny post, well, it's guys like you I won't miss.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I feel where you're coming from, this might be my last season, I'm seriously contemplating selling next spring

Old 07-19-2010, 10:52 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by MJHJEA
So GoodBye and Farewell my forum friends. I've enjoyed this forum immensely. I don't mean to discourage anyone, but needed to share and bid farewell.
....... live long, live well ...... welcome back anytime !

Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Nick1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

take care, do watcha gotta do for yourself and family. you and GOD are the bosses of your life, not anyone here. peace to you.

Quick Reply: Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!