General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Bye Fellas, I'm done!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 508 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
I read your post, didnt read any others, so what i say is not influenced in any way..

There are times in life where we have to make decisions and place others ahead of ourselves, even if it is just for a short time or permanently. You have placed your family ahead of the risks, this is what being a responsible parent and husband is, they depend on you being there and you have made a decision to increase the odds that you are there. There is nothing to be sorry about. Go raise and care for your family, make them happy and teach your children to be responible adults.
+1. I don't only think you made the right decision for yourself, I think you made the right decision for your family. The odds of being killed by a cage when you are on a bike are huge multiples higher than driving a cage, walking on the road, etc. It is a risky lifestyle, hobby, whatever you want to call it. You may be able to buy lots of life insurance for your family but you can't buy anything that will replace their father. I gave up bikes when my first was born and took it up again when my youngest graduated from college. I wasn't afraid of dying, I was afraid of my kids growing up without their father. It's just like wearing a DOT helmet or not, personal choice on how much risk you're willing to take. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, it is just an individual making a choice that works for them.