General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why i wear a FF helmet.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 07:12 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by George C
Here's my view dog155.
First, I don't believe there should be any law because we have too many laws that govern personal choices as it is.
Wearing or not wearing usually goes with ones personal responsibilities in life, and how serious they take it..
I've got two kids, a business with 48 employees and a reason to insure my faculties.
I don't think it's worth risking, even if wearing a helmet only slightly increases my odds..
Head injuries do not take much. Look at Natasha Richardson.
I bet a helmetless rider will be the first person to lawyer up when his helmetless head gets wacked on the way down. I see it coming now on a potential head injury case. The lawyer wiping away the drool while the daughter changes the diapers as he or she chits themself, but all the time, they will be pointing your finger at someone else to blame. To top it off, they'll want the tax payers to pay for the care..
Meanwhile, they've dumped your carcass on someone else to care for because the have practiced thwy're right, but they will never admit that they wished they had worn helmet if they could do it over again...
Bottom line, more than one person suffers a lifetime for something that could have possibly been avoided by wearing a simple helmet.
Not worth it to me.

I couldn't care less who wears and who doesn't, I really don't. Wear one, don't wear one, cool with me. It's the blame game I hate, as well as the TV lawyers just waiting. As bikers, we have to expect a greater risk of a head injury.
Don't blame or sue anyone else when you suffer a potentially avoidable head injury if you used a touch of common sense and security.
All it takes is a slight bump and your done, just accept that as part of the deal when you don't wear one..
I agree. People seem to use some lame *** excuses and personal rights just to justify not wearing a helmet.

Old 07-17-2010, 07:26 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To put it another way, a soldier would not go into battle without a helmet...just sayin".

Old 07-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Wicked Cricket
Banned

Originally Posted by dog155
I hope you don't think this will inspire us to wear helmets! I personally have always been very uncomfortable wearing the false sense of security a skid lid provides.No sense in trying to explain you would never understand.My riding days started in 62,still at it and loving every minute of it.Let those who ride Decide!!! Never should we ever lose this right!
Thx Dog, he wasn't changing my mind anyway... In most cases, a small sport wind shield does the same trick as the FF helmet, it would have diverted the swarm up and over your head, and looked a lot better doing it! LOL.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:00 AM
JoshuaCannon
Cruiser

OUCH!!! That would suck.. I ride Half shell (Dot Approved **** Helmet) but the wife and I are looking into fullfaces so we can have communication!

Old 07-17-2010, 09:09 AM
drifter27011
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe i should of labeled this post *BEE STRIKE*
Yeap that would have been the best way to tell your story.
Now it's all about the helmet, and we know where that is gona lead us.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Rottiman
Road Captain
Location: Ontario, Canada home of the TAX YOU TO DEATH LIBERALS

Same old story line, if your head is worth 3 bucks then wrap it in a three dollar helmet. By all means, excercise your right to decide what YOU think your scrambled brains are worth to YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 09:34 AM
O6FXST
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wildon883R
It's a free country but i can't lose sight of the fact that those who do ride without a brain bucket are more of a danger to other bikers and even car's then riders that choose to wear. Ride safe!
You'er full of it dude. Now your position has shifted to saying its a free country but if you don't wear a lid you are a danger to other bikers and even people in cars. Please explain how a biker not wearing a lid endangers other bikers and people in cars?
You'er also probably part of the politically correct "loud pipes give us a bad image" crowd.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:54 AM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior

I am very pro-personal freedom, and anti-helmet law.

I either wear my FF Shoei or a pair of goggles w/ bandana.

99% of the time it's the FF Shoei... don't like getting hit in the face with rocks.

Old 07-17-2010, 09:55 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, GP racers wear FF helmets, and so do NASCAR drivers.

So do you wear a FF helmet when driving you car? After all, you MIGHT be involved in a bad crash and need it?

Quick Reply: Why i wear a FF helmet.