General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why i wear a FF helmet.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 07:29 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I wonder what everyones attitude towards VS would be if he had said "Let the crotch rocketeers thin out the gene pool when they die from a high speed crash"? Probably lots of stuff like, " Just Darwinism taking it's course". But, say "Let Darwinism take it's course on helmetless riders", and lots of folks are going to get their panties in a wad.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:31 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/zoo...razy-pills.jpg

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:33 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
I wonder what everyones attitude towards VS would be if he had said "Let the crotch rocketeers thin out the gene pool when they die from a high speed crash"? Probably lots of stuff like, " Just Darwinism taking it's course". But, say "Let Darwinism take it's course on helmetless riders", and lots of folks are going to get their panties in a wad.
There's a difference between riding crazy fast and going without a helmet. One's legal and one is not. One is putting others at risk and one is not.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 96roadking
There's a difference between riding crazy fast and going without a helmet. One's legal and one is not. One is putting others at risk and one is not.
Stupid is as stupid does. Whether it's legal or not?

Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Gunfighter13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 96roadking
Hey Vs! You think people who don't wear helmets cost you money? Try millions of welfare cases freeloading on all of us! Do you also rant with such fervor about inattentive drivers, drunk drivers, speeders etc that put all bikers at risk? Some of these are the guys that put motorcyclists in comas with brain injuries that you are worried about paying for. Let's put your negativity to work for the greater good!
That's where my efforts go.
I think it's only fair that a cop on a bike is giving them a ticket or taking them to jail when they endanger bikers.

Last edited by Gunfighter13; 07-19-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:41 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what? 'm done here! God save us all from judgmental people. BYE!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:47 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

[http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/zoo...razy-pills.jpg

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:51 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
nowhere in my oath does it say I shall save stupid people from themselves
Guess I learn something new each day.

I always thought "To Serve And Protect" applied to all citizens.

I didn't realize that the Ethical Oath taken by LEO's did not apply to those an officer felt were 'stupid'

Anyway you have a good day, and hopefully you will only need to deal with 'smart people' during your next shift...

Old 07-19-2010, 09:08 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
odd that being a proponent of personal responsibility on a "biker" forum = being negative

yes:
"stupid people" + world over population = less inclination to meddle in the fate of stupid people who get themselves into terminal predicaments when such meddling puts me [or mine] at risk of death or serious physical injury

perhaps 5 billion people ago I could've maintained my interest and put forth that extra little something to keep getting hurt in the interest of helping 'all'? Oh well, its like the square root of 1 million...nobody will ever know
It's 1000, stupid.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Running at high speed increases your chances of getting into an accident. Running with or without an helmet doesn't. High speed or no helmet increases your chances of more serious injuries in case of an accident.

So I'd say one isn't as bad as the other. Again, as long as someone knows what he's getting into and what the odds are against him, who are you to call him stupid for making an informed decision about the risks he's willing to take with his own life ?

Maybe your risk threshold is just lower, that doesn't make you smarter.

Quick Reply: Why i wear a FF helmet.