General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I went for a ride...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Schaub85
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great post man, great post. loved the part about the stop light.

Old 07-18-2010, 12:08 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well said... sounds like you had a great night...

Old 07-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Well said. The finer things in life are defined by the pleasure that one derives from the simplest of acts. Simple yet tempting fate's fickle hand. Ride on, live well.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:31 PM
hdtwice
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can I say that hasn't already been said?.........Job well done and right on!!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:35 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

good read ,thanks hurricanes.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:56 PM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very poetic. You are a skilled writer. I very much enjoyed reading your post. Feel free to pen some more in the same vein. ****, for that matter, write a book. I'll buy it.

Old 07-18-2010, 05:17 PM
recon7
Cruiser

Man, awesome post! Artful adage to the saying that you don't see bikes parked outside a therapist's office.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:03 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well done. Keep writing.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Bennington HOG
Cruiser

I just got back from riding all day long and that made me want to head right back out.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:23 PM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 594 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by AThousandHurricanes
It’s a hot night in so-cal. The kids are in bed, the wife is painting various limbs something sparkly, and I had a buddy who needed a hand fixing something…So I took a ride. I guess I realize it more when I ride at night down a nearly deserted road, free of cars filled with people trying to hustle through life. Those people are all doing what I was an hour ago…tucking kids in, trying to convince the wife that the Lifetime movie of the week is not more entertaining than….it doesn’t matter. Lifetime it is. The only difference between them and me is that I went for a ride.

I smell gas exploding and ejecting an inch from my leg, hot asphalt, dead roadkill, and the BBQ joint smoking some type of carcass…it smells awesome, at least at 60 MPH. I really should remember to roll my window down next time I drive by the BBQ joint. The point is, I smelled the stink of what I love for a few minutes tonight in the middle of my crazy life,, and I remembered why I love it.

I felt saddened for those who don’t know what a bug tastes like, how girls yelling at you from the car at the stoplight without realizing how ugly and old and fat you are under that beard and helmet makes you king for a moment, or what wind on your bare knuckles is all about. I really think most people would take one hit and jonze for it forever, but for whatever reason they don’t try. If they only knew this unexplainable release, they might grin a little more. They might realize that out there, there aren’t any kids yelling, women bitching, unpaid bills, custody battles, layoffs, illnesses, heartaches, drama, whatever. It is magic and bullshit and silence and chaos. You just hold on and try not to die. And if I die, well, today is as good as any. At least I smelled the BBQ.
LOL..a damn bee just stung me on the bicep..scraped off the stinger...know the feeling..

Quick Reply: I went for a ride...