General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driver almost kills me and i get arrested

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:47 PM
kaynine840
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default driver almost kills me and i get arrested

so i'm riding down to the local grocery store to return a video and some douche bag pulls out right in front of me without even looking. almost biffed it, but regained control of my bike, looked up and the dude was on his cell phone. we both turned left onto the main road, he was in the left lane and i was in the right lane behind him. well at that time the traffic in the right was going a little faster than the left lane, so i was about to pass him. dude did it again. almost ran me off the road as he turned into my lane. 1st chance i got, i went around and ahead of him just to get away from him and of coarse glared at him as i went by.
got to the store and there he was too. we met up at the entrance and i was furious so i called him out on his driving habbits and he just laughed in my face. i told him he almost killed me twice and he just laughed and said "whatever dude" and tried to walk past me so i pushed him out in front of me and he started yelling "assult assult! call security!" so i just left. well someone must have gotten my plate number cause the cops showed up to my house a couple hours later during my family cookout and they didnt want a burger. i got a free ride to the police station and they let me try on some new bracelets. we did some finger painting and they even made a portrait of me from 2 different angles. they had me write my statement and gave me a couple citations. 1 minor and one 4th degree misdemeanor.
so i almost die and i'm the one who gets arrested. i guess the moral to the story is "2 wrongs dont make 1 right"
ok, rant over. i gotta go in to court on the 27th of july and plead my case. i'll let everyone know how it turned out, but the facts are that this guy had like 10 witnesses and a security camera and all i have is my word. so we'll see how it goes.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM
wilburz
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

guess you shold have punched him in the face. Atleast you would have felt better. Nothing better than watching 2 grown men have a pushing match. Are you a sumo wrastler? I always yell in there f-in face until the hit me or push me then you can kick the chit out of them.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
dano309
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

your screwed..........

Old 07-16-2010, 12:56 PM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pray trhe judge is wearing azzless chaps and fingerless gloves...

Old 07-16-2010, 12:57 PM
albertasaurus
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Kaynine, it doesn't look good unless you can dig up some witnesses to his erratic driving. It's going to turn into his word against yours, and he has witnesses and video. Prior to your date in court, plead your case to the prosecutor to see if they will reduce the charges. Otherwise, you're looking at your own lawyer fees on top of whatever the judge throws at you.

Old 07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Failz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

W..t..f...

I hope the Judge is sympathetic and a fellow rider and lets you off.
You're mistake was pushing him there in public. You should have followed the **** home, beat the **** outta him, tied him up in his basement, used his cell as a gag, and left him to die.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

yeah your **** out of luck depending on your record prob, just a fine and some kinda anger management class, but he seems like the kind of guy who will sue and complain he has neck or back problems is he a dirt bag yes but you cannot put your hands on someone period, you should of called him a coward or something to get him to touch you first, than kelly barred the door all fair in wll you know good luck

Old 07-16-2010, 01:01 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by dano309
your screwed..........
........................... Dude

Old 07-16-2010, 01:03 PM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hindsight is always 20/20, but if it happens again, just get the tag number and call the police, explain exactly what happens and that your concerned he is high as a kite or drunk. They will go find him..

Old 07-16-2010, 01:04 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

what a bit*h, i'd of spent the afternoon following him everywhere he went.

Quick Reply: driver almost kills me and i get arrested