General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

driver almost kills me and i get arrested

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 01:05 PM
1bad09sglide
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to check the laws in your state on yhe arrest itself. In TX we can not arrest for a misdemeanor that did not occur in our presence without a warrant. You might want to research your state's code of criminal procedure specifically the arrest without warrant for misdemeanors.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL...all these tough guys in the world.

Well, that's just the way it is now. You assault someone, you're going to jail. Go ahead, get mad, mouth off and get physical. You WILL go to jail. Hit the guy, cause some damage, and you're really scrood. Not only will you get a battery charge, you will also get sued for lost wages, all medical/dental costs and punitive damages.

So some asswipe gets in your way, crosses you or pisses you off. Is it really worth a criminal record, easily $20k or more out of your pocket, and some jail time when it's all said and done?

Yeah, I know...handle things like men...not that way anymore. Not in this litigious society. Now, just control your temper and walk away.

Me, I woulda shot him.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:09 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Cola Harley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kaynine840
so i'm riding down to the local grocery store to return a video and some douche bag pulls out right in front of me without even looking. almost biffed it, but regained control of my bike, looked up and the dude was on his cell phone. we both turned left onto the main road, he was in the left lane and i was in the right lane behind him. well at that time the traffic in the right was going a little faster than the left lane, so i was about to pass him. dude did it again. almost ran me off the road as he turned into my lane. 1st chance i got, i went around and ahead of him just to get away from him and of coarse glared at him as i went by.
got to the store and there he was too. we met up at the entrance and i was furious so i called him out on his driving habbits and he just laughed in my face. i told him he almost killed me twice and he just laughed and said "whatever dude" and tried to walk past me so i pushed him out in front of me and he started yelling "assult assult! call security!" so i just left. well someone must have gotten my plate number cause the cops showed up to my house a couple hours later during my family cookout and they didnt want a burger. i got a free ride to the police station and they let me try on some new bracelets. we did some finger painting and they even made a portrait of me from 2 different angles. they had me write my statement and gave me a couple citations. 1 minor and one 4th degree misdemeanor.
so i almost die and i'm the one who gets arrested. i guess the moral to the story is "2 wrongs dont make 1 right"
ok, rant over. i gotta go in to court on the 27th of july and plead my case. i'll let everyone know how it turned out, but the facts are that this guy had like 10 witnesses and a security camera and all i have is my word. so we'll see how it goes.
Looks to me like that guy has an a$$ kicking coming.......away from witnesses.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:10 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man!!! You really showed him!

Old 07-16-2010, 01:13 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by remike
Pray trhe judge is wearing azzless chaps and fingerless gloves...

Good answer

Old 07-16-2010, 01:16 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Learn something we all know. Don't do anything with witnesses in public.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:20 PM
bullseye
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had two very good friends killed last year by a drunk kid in a pick up that pulled out in front of them. My buddy died instantly and his wife bled out at the scene. The kid just got his plea deal. They dropped the DUI and gave him a 6 year suspended sentence for involentary manslaughter. Oh, by the way, did I mention his Dad is a cop here in Chattanooga.

Sorry for your trouble but the law in most states does not favor the motorcyclist.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:28 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you're going to assault someone ASSAULT SOMEONE!!! should've at least knocked his teeth out or broken his nose. you'd basically be in the same exact boat as you are in now.

i get cut off all the time, making a confrontation of it will never end well. should've just taken a dump on his hood, that would've had him scratching his head.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Hot_Pasta
Cruiser

You could have filled an egg with acid and splash it over his car as gift.
Anyway you're safe and this is the most important thing. I was told there in the STates many people own guns... so is always the best choice to avoid arguing even if we have the right to do it :\

Quick Reply: driver almost kills me and i get arrested