General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

South Park episode

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts
Cool Life imitating art?

1. Replace their exhaust system with an alternative louder one.

Normally, it is because the stock exhaust is restrictive. To be completely honest, the Moco seems to use mufflers that are as cost effective for them as they can. You can replace the mufflers on the later bikes with ones that aren't that much louder but outperform the stock exhaust by a margin, without violating EPA rules.

2. Wear pretend German helmets. What's that about ??

I don't know about pretend german helmets. But I do know that the older style DOT buckets were known as neck breakers for a reason. When someone forces the market on you, there's no reason to build a better helmet. Now, people are starting to think that maybe they'd better design something people will want to wear and works.

3. Ride in groups.

Group riding is a real kick. There's also safety in numbers.

4. Wear protective leather chaps yet ride with bare arms?

Mostly because of storage space. Most people who wear chaps during the day might be out past sunset, when the jacket goes on as well. Since chaps aren't too hot to wear for a lot of people, they just leave them on.

5. Purchase anything that is branded with the HD logo.

Well, there's the real rub. But HD makes some outstanding products. Including riding gear. You just have to shop smarter.

6. Did I ask about the pretend German helmet thing ? oh, yes I did.

I answered it too. Oh, yes, I did.

7. Ride two mins. down the road and then proceed to spend hours drinking coffee and looking at your (your buddies) 'steed'.

Part of the hobby. There is so much more available for Harleys that you always see something new. Eventually, no two bikes are the same. But then, after coffee, there's normally a ride involved. I can't speak for everyone. But normally, when I get home, I get depressed that the ride is over. I still want to be going somewhere.

8. Seem too preoccupied with attracting attention ?

Part of the rider mentality. Mostly because we got tired of people not seeing us before they crossed three lanes of traffic to run us over.

Incidentally, I just saw this South Park episode. it's a stereotype allright. But when the EPA, Harley, and the public spoke, we listened, and ended up building a better mousetrap. Now, when people change out there pipes, for the most part, they install the baffles. Firstly, it makes it quieter. Secondly, it performs better. BTW, People didn't call Harleys the Silent Grey Fellow for no reason.

Most of the time, when building a chop, you simply had no mounting point for pipes. Plus, there were no aftermarket exhausts for bikes, because there weren't a whole lot of people riding then. So people made drag pipes for the bike because they were easy to do, and didn't cost too much. Most of the time they used washers or lawn mower baflles cut down for better back pressure.

Loved the part about what they did with the seats best. That's why I almost thought it was funny that someone did something very similar to my 300 dollar seat on my daily rider when I was at work. Grown ups who watch cartoons and think that's a good idea are the ones with a problem. And while we're on the subject, do jap riders know that their loud pipes are even more irritating than ours ever were? Too bad it's normally because of the HD wannabe riders that we are still catching heat for the issue. Don't ask me why. My pipes and motor are stock, at least until my bike gets vandalized by haters again.

Old 04-18-2011, 09:47 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I've done none of the 8 things listed by the troll. So his stereotype perspective is a myth.

I like all motorcycles but I really dig HD's.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:21 AM
dreamer65
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My answer's in bold to panther question because the OP is probaly to stupid to answer

Originally Posted by Panthers65
Why do sport bike riders buy a bike that would be hell to ride more than an hour at a time? so they can say they ride a motorcycle, because the only ride 1500 miles a year
Why do sport bike riders put that gay "green mohawk" sticker thing on their helmet? very gay
Why do sport bike riders spend as much time "stunting" in a parking lot trying to impress their friends as they actually do riding? so they can be seem
Why do sport bike riders feel the need to come to a HARLEY forum and bitch about how they don't like what we like and how dumb we are for doing the things we do. because the sportbike fourms suck

And the only thing that stuck out to me was the coffee question. When's the last time you've seen a group of leathered up harley riders sitting in Starbucks sipping double soy frappies? A bar drinking beer, sure. A coffee house drinking coffee? Don't know about that one...
i wouldn't drink that burn coffee **** ever

[quote=Red9;7011822]Personally I love that episode!
It is so fricking true... but who cares we like riding.

Last edited by dreamer65; 04-19-2011 at 09:26 AM.