General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Ultra back in the shop again

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006 | 06:54 PM
Capt.Bob
|
Tourer
Default 07 Ultra back in the shop again

I had to put my scoot back in the shop again. I got about 300 more miles out of her. The thing is raising cane in 6th gear now and the exhaust pipes are glowing red. Dealer says this can't be right. I think he is right again. They also apologized for the left muffler falling off and agreed to pay for the bolts I had to buy at Ace hardware to put it back on. Oh they are going to put some more screws in the faring that were left off at the factory. I also talked to the manager and explained to him I was not having a good "Harley experience". He said he understood. I think the bike should have been painted lemon yellow instead of fire engine red.
http://bobbyhill.home.att.net

Old 08-28-2006 | 07:10 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: 07 Ultra back in the shop again

I don't like to hear about this at all! A couple of your problems sound like lackadaisical employees not paying attention to their duties and the 6th gear issue sounds like a possible design flaw. Either way, these are just the kind of issues that keep those old AMF rumors bumped to the top of the page. [:@]

Your dealer sounds like they are prepared to make you happy which can go a long way to alleviating some of the disgust you must be feeling. Stick with it, and best of luck!

Old 08-28-2006 | 07:31 PM
madmustang4
Tourer

please let us know what sorts out on the tranny issue

Old 08-28-2006 | 07:44 PM
Josey Wales
Cruiser

Bring it back, It's junk!

Look at your states lemon law

Old 08-28-2006 | 07:49 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member

glowing red muffler?

a muffler FELL OFF??!!

jeezus!

Old 08-28-2006 | 08:19 PM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

You must have a more easy going personality then I do Capt.Bob, because if this were me and it's not, but I think I would be demanding a new bike. There are too many more things that a lousy mechanic can screw up which can cause you even more trouble down the road. I mentioned this in one of my previous posts in your last thread about your tranny and the dealer causing more problems sometimes then they fix and that's exactly what happened. It's obvious they can't even manage a simple task like making sure the exhaust is attached correctly after replacing your tranny. It's usually a good practice to double check you work and make sure that it's all done right. It would scare the living hell out of me if I took this bike further than about 50 miles from home just wondering what will happen next. If the dealer's service manager has any common sense he would put his best tech. on your bike a get it fixed correctly no matter how damn long it takes. JMHO Good Luck Capt.Bob!

Old 08-28-2006 | 08:35 PM
cjmilez
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

glowing red muffler?

a muffler FELL OFF??!!

jeezus!
That's what I was thinking.... Sorry about all the problems [:@]

Old 08-28-2006 | 08:53 PM
firemankrug
Outstanding HDF Member

Capt. Bob your scaring me! Now I'm not so sure I want mine to be delivered, with all the talk about tranny problems. After waiting so many years to get a Harley and spending that much $$$ I don't think I'd be dealing to well with those kind of problems[sm=icon_flaming.gif] Keep us updated on how it gets resolved, and good luck!!