General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why I don't ride with a gun

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:55 PM
Panthers65
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what's that have to do with with carrying a gun? I've been in several fights while carrying. the last one I was in was with some douche that kept yelling things at my gf after we left dinner. Pulled my gun, put it in my truck and locked the door. Gave my gf my keys and walked over to the guy. He backed down (drunk as a skunk) so no swings ever actually took place, but if you can't control your temper well enough to only use your firearm when your life is in actual danger, you probably don't need to be carrying in the 1st place

Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
The meek shall inherit the earth... doncha forget it!
Trample the weak...hurdle the dead!

Old 07-15-2010, 07:30 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Trample the weak...hurdle the dead!
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil, because I am the meanest son-of-a-bitch in the valley" George S Patton

Old 07-15-2010, 07:34 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,343 Likes on 1,519 Posts

Originally Posted by Panthers65
what's that have to do with with carrying a gun? I've been in several fights while carrying. the last one I was in was with some douche that kept yelling things at my gf after we left dinner. Pulled my gun, put it in my truck and locked the door. Gave my gf my keys and walked over to the guy. He backed down (drunk as a skunk) so no swings ever actually took place, but if you can't control your temper well enough to only use your firearm when your life is in actual danger, you probably don't need to be carrying in the 1st place
K...so we ALL know that you are Billy Jack, but from reading and following Shu's posts I would suggest it is more a figure of speech, rather than your implication.

Sorry Shu if I stepped in front of you here but I have a hard time with folks who believe they are the next John Wayne. God threw away the mold after he was born and raised.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:38 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

K...so we ALL know that you are Billy Jack, but from reading and following Shu's posts I would suggest it is more a figure of speech, rather than your implication.

Sorry Shu if I stepped in front of you here but I have a hard time with folks who believe they are the next John Wayne. God threw away the mold after he was born and raised.
yes, the title of the thread is a bit tounge in cheek, and as it is, I'm sure I'll have to attend court ordered anger management classes someday anyways

Old 07-15-2010, 08:29 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Out at my farm I have a 600 meter range set up, and every once in a while myself and a few friends will ride out there from 'Mayberry' with assault rifles slung over our shoulders to do a little 'shooting'....

Sometimes we get some strange looks from others on the highway, but as of yet no one has tried to run any of us off the road.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Bombarde32
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Be careful. Remember that old movie Duel with Dennis Weaver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7Tix...eature=related
Nope. Can't say I remember that one. Could I have 5 minutes of my life back please?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:43 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

Open carry is just inviting someone to claim that you brandished your weapon at them. Then ya loose you right to carry anything. Keep it concealed unless you intend to pull the trigger.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Floridasoftailman
Cruiser

DO NOT point a gun in Florida unless you are in fear for your life. Mandatory 3 year sentence, with no discretion to the judge. (Loaded or unloaded gun, makes no difference).

Old 07-16-2010, 09:06 PM
Panthers65
Tourer

Not pushing the Billy Jack thing, pushing responsible gun ownership. If you can't control yourself enough to only use your firearm when your life is threatened, you're part of the problem.

I've never really understood the point of open carry either. If I"m in a situation that I may need to pull my firearm, I want to be the only person there who knows I'm carrying. Open Carry is a way to impress people, Concealed carry is a means to defend yourself.

Quick Reply: why I don't ride with a gun