General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nearly got creamed this morning

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 10:17 AM
ja57
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by inswva
Good situational awareness. I always assume every car waiting to pull out is going to do so right in front me.

always the same here

Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dano309
be careful out there peeps......

have seen women trying to change baby diapers leaning back over the seat while at a light, then continue to do so, after take off......sheeesh....

with all these stupid driving habits, why is insurance so high now-a-days......just wonderin'......
If you guys are trying to scare me, you're doing a good job.

Old 07-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I did 157 miles this past Sunday in our local mountains here in southern California. We went up Hwy 18 to Lake Arrowhead for lunch and then took a nice putt over to Big Bear Lake and went down Hwy 38 to Redlands. I never expected to get caught in a thunderstorm in Big Bear but we got soaked, did about 30 miles in a downpour..and my bike is filthy! We were cut off 3 times, a lady made a left turn in front of me as we were turning right to get on the 10 Fwy. Of course I was aware and backed off and let her go...no sooner had we merged into the slow lane of the 10 fwy I moved over one lane and was throttle up. Low and behold the same dumb lady tried to come over into my lane..again I backed off and laid on the horn,,she looked at as if to say "what"? Almost home on the 91 Fwy a little Zion all blacked out tinted windows,,,,,,OG style just deceided to come into my lane where I was...another blast of the horn and he jerked the auto back to his lane,,,,almost over correcting. I asked the wife if we had a sign on the bike that read..."go ahead try and kill us". All the above is no fun,,and has a pucker factor involved. However the worst feeling of the day was at the begining, climbing the mountain on Hwy 18,,,set up and into a nice tight sweeping left corner when my front tire hit a dreaded tar snake...the front tire washed out for a split second until it "caught" traction again...I'd say it scooted a few inches, but felt like we were going down. I hate tar snakes.
We made it home safe, but the day was "one of those days"
Now I have to go clean my motorcycle.....

Old 07-13-2010, 10:31 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Thanks guys. No she was just looking left the whole time to be sure there was no car coming from that direction I guess. She never looked to her right once where I was coming from.

She did get an earful of my pipes though and slowed way down. When I approached the stop sign a couple hundred feet up I was debating waiting for her to reach me and give her some "verbal greetings" but didn't. It appeared she was really taking her time to catch up to me, LOL

Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 AM
oldhdrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traveler_
...that's a good one. was she putting makeup on? talking on a cellphone too?? I had a school bus do a left in front of me years back, hard to miss a target like that...I jumped over it if my memory serves me now come to think of it.
Be careful out there!
LOL!! jumped it huh?! good move. I hear Revlon has a new eye-liner called
70-plus (can be applied at 70+ mph).

Old 07-13-2010, 10:41 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/zoo...razy-pills.jpg

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 AM
road_king_rob
Tourer

Originally Posted by inswva
Good situational awareness. I always assume every car waiting to pull out is going to do so right in front me.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:10 PM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSnoopy
I passed a lady last week driving with her left elbow. She was texting with her left and talking into another phone with her right hand. No ****.
How's this?! Driving south out of downdown Boston along the Southeast Expressway, 55-60+mph, I'm in the right hand lane and pass some idiot woman driving her aged Volvo in the middle lane, with a plate of food in her left hand and CHOPSTICKS in her right hand. F%$king vanity license plate says "OZ". Give her a wide berth.

Unbelievable! but true...

Old 07-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Vs The World, you have it right there. No cage driver could give a damn if were there or not. It's up to us to keep ourselves safe no matter what.
I avoid accidents on a daily basis. Usually multiple time daily. As I ride as often as I can in order to obtain/retain a comfort level on my scoot. It has helped tremendously. I did get changed lanes into a month ago, and didn't go down. My clutch lever was hanging so it was more of a challenge to get stopped without dropping it.
The cager had no insurance to boot. But I assure you, I cleaned out his wallet and then some. I came out ahead on that one. Made my guardian angel smile! LMAO
Better get with the program, or give up riding, as it'll never get any safer to ride.
My $0.02

aka Bob

Old 07-13-2010, 03:12 PM
RHPAW
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 15,164 Likes on 6,705 Posts

She's on the Stupid Cager Forum right now telling everyone.........

"Anybody could see I was coming. Why didn't he stop? And why do they think they can take up a whole lane like that? Then he yelled so loud, I couldn't hear my cell phone, and spilled my nail polish. If he would have gotten blood on my hood, I would sue!"

Welcome to the jungle.

Quick Reply: Nearly got creamed this morning