General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Little Sturgis or the "Boogie"......decision, decision

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:53 PM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Little Sturgis or the "Boogie"......decision, decision

Hmmmmm, both on the same weekend, which one should I go (and why)? Never been to either one. Mainly interested in checking out vendors, I'm sure they have a hard time deciding which one as well.

I live in Indiana, so Boogie is only about an hour ride vs Little Sturgis in over four hours, but I enjoy the ride, though.....

Old 07-12-2010, 10:39 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me I'd do little Sturgis, heard it's a good time and plus it's a little longer ride.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:28 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

little sturgis has a giant sign that says no burnouts consider this your final warning.

i was there this weekend. expect total lameness unless your idea of a good time is a campout with carnies.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:30 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Thanks for the info. Don't plan on camping out. As I mentioned, mainly interested in checking out vendors and see what else I can use

If Little Sturgis, probably taking off Fri afternoon, stay Fri nite, and look around on Sat, ride back Sat late afternoon or Sun morning. Or just ride down to the Boogie on Sat.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:32 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

where's the boogie at?

Old 07-13-2010, 11:38 AM
Harley_Dude
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed
little sturgis has a giant sign that says no burnouts consider this your final warning.

i was there this weekend. expect total lameness unless your idea of a good time is a campout with carnies.
BEST DESCRIPTION EVER!!!!!

Think you gotta pay to get in to see most of the vendors. Vendors are not much to brag about either. Never been to the boogie so can't compare.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Wait till next month and ride over to East Coast Sturgis in western Maryland.
Definitely not lame. Yeah it's raw camping, ******* and beer. Fairly good vendors considering big Sturgis is happening the same week.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
3/4 life crisis
Road Master

Originally Posted by schumacher
where's the boogie at?
Springville, IN Lawrence County. Here's a link:

http://www.abateonline.org/events/boogie.html

Old 07-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Harley_Dude
BEST DESCRIPTION EVER!!!!!

Think you gotta pay to get in to see most of the vendors. Vendors are not much to brag about either. Never been to the boogie so can't compare.
i just dont get the whole rally thing. its like a night in the trailer park. and people get excited about these events??

nobody rides their bikes. and if you talk to folks about the ***-jewelry they dragged in on a trailer, its always "so-and-so did this to it and whathisface did that to it".

and vendors vendors vendors. man how many times can you look at the same hot leathers tent? its like everyone goes to these events because they're hurting for chinese junk to buy.

having bands would be great if they'd hire some original music. but noooo we have to get the same boring "classic rock" cover bands that have been on the radio for the past 40 years.

i hate "biker rallys". i hate golf carts. i hate recreational vehicles. i hate willie-g customs. i hate "100% stolen parts" stickers. i hate carnies. i hate venders. i hate the week-long trailer park. i hate patch-camps, i hate security. i hate led zepplin-on-repeat-40-years-straight. i hate a bunch of boring motherfckers all standing around with their thumbs in their butts hoping to be part of some scene.

puke. i'll never be a biker if thats what bikers do. long live smokeout.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:33 PM
harley9607
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by certainteed
i just dont get the whole rally thing. Its like a night in the trailer park. And people get excited about these events??

Nobody rides their bikes. And if you talk to folks about the ***-jewelry they dragged in on a trailer, its always "so-and-so did this to it and whathisface did that to it".

And vendors vendors vendors. Man how many times can you look at the same hot leathers tent? Its like everyone goes to these events because they're hurting for chinese junk to buy.

Having bands would be great if they'd hire some original music. But noooo we have to get the same boring "classic rock" cover bands that have been on the radio for the past 40 years.

I hate "biker rallys". I hate golf carts. I hate recreational vehicles. I hate willie-g customs. I hate "100% stolen parts" stickers. I hate carnies. I hate venders. I hate the week-long trailer park. I hate patch-camps, i hate security. I hate led zepplin-on-repeat-40-years-straight. I hate a bunch of boring motherfckers all standing around with their thumbs in their butts hoping to be part of some scene.

Puke. I'll never be a biker if thats what bikers do. Long live smokeout.
my goodness!

Quick Reply: Little Sturgis or the "Boogie"......decision, decision