General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hells Kitchen yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:07 PM
SVTNate
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMing
That's great fella's. Glad for those of you in this to screw some chump you find in a pinch. That's the way this "brotherhood" thing works, and the American way, right?

Live like that if you want to. I chose not to.

Here a several years ago, I got in a really tough financial spot. Looked like I was going to have to sell some of my vintage dirt bikes I had in order to make ends meet. Mentioned it to some of my dirt bike buddies. Their response?

They offered to buy one of my more rare bikes (irreplaceable) for more than I gave for it... and hold it for me until I could get things in order. Then they would sell it back to me if I still wanted it... sort of an open ended loan with no interest.

Fortunately, I didn't have to sell... but still... nice to have motorcycling friends.

So, having "been there", I don't think I could bring myself to trying to get a rock-bottom price from somebody in a bad situation. I would either offer them a fair price, or pass entirely.

Your life, your conscience, live it and deal with it the way you want to.
Can someone please explain to me what in the holy hell this reply has to do with a thread about Hell's Kitchen? LOL!

I've been there many times, Cassidy (sp?) is a really nice girl, and I enjoy the food. I go there for lunch on weekdays (screw Ortega on weekends, too dangerous), usually smoke a cigar while I'm there, and relax for awhile.

On a longer ride, however, I'll go right past Hell's Kitchen, take the 15S, ride Palomar, and get lunch in Julian or San Diego. I did that about a week about, nice little 400-mile ride.

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTNate
Can someone please explain to me what in the holy hell this reply has to do with a thread about Hell's Kitchen? LOL!

I've been there many times, Cassidy (sp?) is a really nice girl, and I enjoy the food. I go there for lunch on weekdays (screw Ortega on weekends, too dangerous), usually smoke a cigar while I'm there, and relax for awhile.

On a longer ride, however, I'll go right past Hell's Kitchen, take the 15S, ride Palomar, and get lunch in Julian or San Diego. I did that about a week about, nice little 400-mile ride.
He must have posted in the wrong thread. The Palomar and Julian area are my normal riding areas. I have to go quite a bit north to go to Hells Kitchen.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Weakened Warrior
Tourer

I've been there several times myself. I like the food - especially the fries.

Ortega highway is an awesome winding road - breathtaking in some areas.

I also recommend Cook's Corner. It gets a little busy on the weekends, though. They have a bike night on Wednesdays with all-you-can-eat spaghetti.

There is another place in Elsinore called Menace. Good food and a bike shop.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:20 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Bought my ***-less chaps there a couple years ago from some chick with a display outside. They're good chaps (sounds English, doesn't it?). I've only worn them once since.....Badass Chaps....that's the name of her co.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:33 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LAMing
That's great fella's. Glad for those of you in this to screw some chump you find in a pinch. That's the way this "brotherhood" thing works, and the American way, right?

Live like that if you want to. I chose not to.

Here a several years ago, I got in a really tough financial spot. Looked like I was going to have to sell some of my vintage dirt bikes I had in order to make ends meet. Mentioned it to some of my dirt bike buddies. Their response?

They offered to buy one of my more rare bikes (irreplaceable) for more than I gave for it... and hold it for me until I could get things in order. Then they would sell it back to me if I still wanted it... sort of an open ended loan with no interest.

Fortunately, I didn't have to sell... but still... nice to have motorcycling friends.

So, having "been there", I don't think I could bring myself to trying to get a rock-bottom price from somebody in a bad situation. I would either offer them a fair price, or pass entirely.

Your life, your conscience, live it and deal with it the way you want to.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Denny69
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS

Old 07-12-2010, 05:55 AM
LAMing
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.

Yup... you got it dead-on. Wrong thread.

I'm still learning to responsibly use a keyboard. Quite a challenge to do so, apparently.

At least you guys have a good sense of humor.

Hoookay... off to edit/copy/paste.