General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang vs Ultimate vs C&C?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010 | 05:23 PM
cdculbertson
|
Tourer
Default Mustang vs Ultimate vs C&C?

I'm not sure if this is a fair question, but is there any chance that anyone has actually tried seats from all three of the above manufacturers? I am specifically interested in the Mustang Wide Touring solo with wide passenger pillion, the two piece Ultimate seat , and the C&C Sport Tour, all with rider backrests. This would be for my '07 Road King Custom.

FWIW, I used to have a Mustang on my Sportster, and liked it. It sat me a bit higher than I would have liked, but I did get used to it after awhile. Does the two piece for touring bikes do the same? Do the others raise/lower/remain the same as stock? How's the comfort for all three seats when it comes to 500+ mile days? Any and all information regarding these seats would be appreciated!

While I had considered it, I am not at all interested in a Corbin right now as I don't have any natural padding on my ***.

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2010 | 07:16 PM
FroggyFatBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

i've been looking at seats also.. from what i see, HD has the better price for once and you know it will fit.. well hopefully, see my thread about seats..

the harley dealer will order a seat for me, let me install it and ride the bike around the parking lot and if i don't like it i don't have to buy it.. you're not gonna get that aftermarket..

Old 07-10-2010 | 07:55 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior

I didn't like the Mustang touring seat for the reason you mentioned...sat me up to high... to the point that it affected handling. Although comfy I just couldn't get used to it.

I didn't like the 2 piece Mustang cause it was to narrow and cut me off at the thighs...it hurt.

I settled on the Sundowner and its been the best so far...I like it...it works for me.

I had an Ultimate big boy on a VTX. It was the most comfortable seat ever and I looked at them for the SG...to ugly from what I could see in pictures...never tried it...pretty pricey too.

No experience w/C&C...but they seem to get pretty good reviews.

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:01 PM
cdculbertson
|
Tourer

Thanks folks. So, while I had almost forgotten about it, the Sundowner is another one to add to the list. I keep hearing good things about that seat...

SG1, that's good information about the Mustang solo digging into your thighs, and that would definitely be a turnoff. Not meaning to pry, but are you a big guy? I am kind of thin, with not a lot of padding. Well, other than my belly that is.

FWIW, I am around 5' 10" tall with a 30" inseam. I can pretty well plant both feet on the ground with the stock seat and would like to keep it that way.

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:04 PM
david christopher
Road Master

check out alligator bob, he can make whatever you want http://www.alligatorbob.com/

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:13 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cdculbertson
Thanks folks. So, while I had almost forgotten about it, the Sundowner is another one to add to the list. I keep hearing good things about that seat...

SG1, that's good information about the Mustang solo digging into your thighs, and that would definitely be a turnoff. Not meaning to pry, but are you a big guy? I am kind of thin, with not a lot of padding. Well, other than my belly that is.

FWIW, I am around 5' 10" tall with a 30" inseam. I can pretty well plant both feet on the ground with the stock seat and would like to keep it that way.

I'm 5' 11", 205, 32" inseam. Not exactly what I'd call skinny, but don't have much padding in the seating area either.

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:16 PM
brickie
Cruiser

Absolutely love my ultimate 3 piece with backrest. I can ride on that thing all day long. Expensive but well worth it. Indy that has worked on my scoot a few times says its the most comfortable softail he's ever ridden. Looks good on my heritage too. I gotta stop draggin' my *** and get a picture of my bike posted up on this forum sometime soon.

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:20 PM
cdculbertson
|
Tourer

SG1, thanks, sounds like we are pretty similar in build. BTW, that's a good looking SG in your sig.

Brickie, that's good to hear about the Ultimate. That's really the one I was leaning toward. Well, that and the C&C. If you would like to shoot me a pic of your bike, I'd sure be interested in seeing it. FWIW, when I bought my RK Custom, I went in to check out an '07 Heritage Classic.

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:28 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I've only had experience with a Mustang solo on my '07 RKC. I liked it except for the way the back mounting bracket was exposed.

Old 07-10-2010 | 08:38 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I had the C&C Sport Tour & the Mustang Sport Solo with backrest on my 06. I liked the profile of the C&C & it also sat me lower & further back. But I needed a backrest & Chuck (C&C) does not make the sport tour with a backrest for a Softail. The Mustang has a lot more cushion too.

I have the Mustang wide studded seat with the backrest on the Heritage & it's very comfortable. I wish it sat me an inch further back & a tad lower. Otherwise it's a great seat. It would be nice if the backrest on the Mustangs would lock in as they can disappear in 1 second or less!

Quick Reply: Mustang vs Ultimate vs C&C?