General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean city seats opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:51 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean city seats opinions

I sent my seat off to them today . I just don't know whether to get the single layer foam or the double layer .. 2008 Heritage with Sundowner double seat .

Opinions please . I really don't want to change ride position..... The sundowner is just making my *** sore as hell ..

Old 07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would have same question i`ll be watching what do they say i like my seat the way it is but it gives me a hard ride what are they charging you if they could make my seat more comfy and not change my postioning i would pay whatever it took

Old 07-09-2010, 11:37 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep. as it is now .... After about 75 miles , my butt is ready to home. lol

I bought a airhawk seat cover everyone raved about. Well, it sucked for me.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 PM
oldbagr
Road Master

I had Mean City modify my Ultra seat and talked to them before shipping them my seat to discuss what I wanted them to fix; i.e., the OE seat was too wide at the front and the bucket portion was too firm for my liking. They recommended the double foam and I went with their recommendation. I have put about 3,000 miles on the modified seat with some long day rides (+350 miles) and never have any seat related pain, fatigue, etc. Mean City also has great customer service; I would use them again in a heart beat before I would spend big dollars on an aftermarket seat.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:19 AM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by oldbagr
I had Mean City modify my Ultra seat and talked to them before shipping them my seat to discuss what I wanted them to fix; i.e., the OE seat was too wide at the front and the bucket portion was too firm for my liking. They recommended the double foam and I went with their recommendation. I have put about 3,000 miles on the modified seat with some long day rides (+350 miles) and never have any seat related pain, fatigue, etc. Mean City also has great customer service; I would use them again in a heart beat before I would spend big dollars on an aftermarket seat.
Thanks for that info. I am thinking i may call them, and change to the double foam.

So, the double did not make you sit higher ?

Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 AM
WideGuy
Advanced

I rode to their shop in NC recently and had my seat done while I waited. I asked him for a recommendation with regard to double foam and he said he basis it on the rider/passenger weight. Watched him tear down and build up the new seat. Rather interesting. Even with double foam, if you ask for stock ride height, that is what you get. New seat is awesome with about 3K miles on it. He did let me know it takes about 750-1000 miles to "break in" the new foam. Fits like a glove and comfy.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:42 AM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

I had them do the single foam mod on mine as i wanted it lowered a little bit. They also reshaped seat. I have about 1500 miles on mine and while not perfect, it is a lot better.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:45 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

MCC is a great, small company with superb customer service. They took my stock 08 FLHR seat and added the double foam, and moved me back an inch (that I requested). No more numb butt and more comfort in legs and overall seating position. These guys know seats and I highly recommend them if you have seat issues.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by voyager1
I sent my seat off to them today . I just don't know whether to get the single layer foam or the double layer .. 2008 Heritage with Sundowner double seat .

Opinions please . I really don't want to change ride position..... The sundowner is just making my *** sore as hell ..
::Subscribed::

Going to send my seat to them as soon as i have the extra cash.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:26 AM
waramaug
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent my 07 Deluxe seat to them. Narrowed the front and dropped me down an inch.I went with the memory foam. I highly recommend them.

Quick Reply: Mean city seats opinions