General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mean city seats opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 11:27 AM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by voyager1
Thanks for that info. I am thinking i may call them, and change to the double foam.

So, the double did not make you sit higher ?
You tell them whether or not you want the seat height changed and by how much and they will cut the foam to make sure that it meets the height you requested. Many people send their seats to MC to have them lowered. The foam selection has more to do with the firmness you like as well as the weight of the rider/passenger being supported. Again, call them and discuss your desires and concerns and they will give you their recommendation based on losts of experience. Good luck!

Last edited by oldbagr; 07-10-2010 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Bad Disposition
Tourer
Default A Pole

I ride two up on an 08 Ultra Classic. Just installed the New Legend Air rides and new front fork inserts. Smooooooth!

So now it's time to clean up the bike's look by eliminating the large resemblence of a couch for a seat. (For extreme comfort on long runs the couch can't be beat) However, for shorter day runs, and bar hopping I am looking at either the Le Pera Villain, Sorrento, or the Mustang Wide Tripper.

It's my understanding the Le Pera is a little more comfortable than the Mustang. Does anyone have any input, comments or recommendations?
Not only about the noted seats, perhaps about another brand?

I want to start with a good base and then customize from that point on....only of needed of course. Decisions decisions.

BD

Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Voyager1--what did MCC say? They have done so many seats that all uyou have to do is tell them what you are looking for and they will help you decide.

My 09 Ultra was done last year. Very happy with it. I had double memory foam without changing the seat height. They also shaved some off on the sides.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:50 AM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

They did my sundowner 3 years ago. They just took out padding and lowered it a couple of inches. $40 plus shipping. Three days in the saddle is like riding on air.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:19 PM
dataman2
Advanced

+1 on talking to them before they do the mod. Had my stock Hertiage seat done with 2x foam. Prior - anything over 100 miles was a real pain. Post - logest ride has been 350+ miles wothout pain.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:04 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member
Smile

Originally Posted by bksmoky
Voyager1--what did MCC say? They have done so many seats that all uyou have to do is tell them what you are looking for and they will help you decide.

My 09 Ultra was done last year. Very happy with it. I had double memory foam without changing the seat height. They also shaved some off on the sides.
They said either would work. But double was really more for heavier riders. I am 195 pounds .

My sundowner is just so dang hard and thin .. i am afraid the single layer will not be enough .

On the other hand , they told me the double would work too. Just wanting other opinions from riders that have had seats done there . Thus comes my confusion

Old 07-10-2010, 09:06 PM
voyager1
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bad Disposition
I ride two up on an 08 Ultra Classic. Just installed the New Legend Air rides and new front fork inserts. Smooooooth!

So now it's time to clean up the bike's look by eliminating the large resemblence of a couch for a seat. (For extreme comfort on long runs the couch can't be beat) However, for shorter day runs, and bar hopping I am looking at either the Le Pera Villain, Sorrento, or the Mustang Wide Tripper.

It's my understanding the Le Pera is a little more comfortable than the Mustang. Does anyone have any input, comments or recommendations?
Not only about the noted seats, perhaps about another brand?

I want to start with a good base and then customize from that point on....only of needed of course. Decisions decisions.

BD

I have had 2 Mustang seats in the past and i did not like either...Sent them back .

Old 07-10-2010, 09:29 PM
cornking
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on my 04 RKC i went double on passenger and single for rider. as posted earlier the single layer was definitely better, but i wish i would have went with the double layer. MCC does grat work with top notch quality.