Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mountainfest ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 07:18 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mountainfest ??

Anyone been? Is it a trailerfest? Gorillafest? Suburbanfest? Geriatricfest?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:23 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Went there for my first and last time last year, if this is WV Mountainfest your speaking of. Guess I'm sort of used to Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown, Pa and some others. This was a pretty small bike gathering as I saw it. Some food, couple of vendors but did have a m/c musuem but dont know if thats there every year. And ten bucks to get in, not a cheapo here but as Thunder is free, was stunned to see a fee here.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 375 Likes on 216 Posts

The museum is really very well done. On Sunday morning they close off some streets for the old bikes' vintage race.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:43 AM
Ultra Street Jewell
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did Thunder in the Valley, thought they had a nice spread. Mountain fest should be a blast. found a strip club close by, so if it is a drag, we'll opt for some entertainment....

Old 07-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'ro'ny (noun) - standing behind a Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic complaining about $10.

From www.wvmountainfest.com:

Did you know that MountainFest is a non-profit organization?

MountainFest Motorcycle Rally, LLC is a non-profit organization that with the help of our generous sponsors and faithful attendees has been able to contribute over $300,000 to various non-profit organizations in our short four year history. The planning committee was ecstatic this year when making the largest single contribution to-date of $80,000 to Mylan Park, a 320 acre non-profit recreational and educational complex dedicated toward improving the quality of life of residents and visitors in North Central West Virginia. Some of the facilities located at Mylan Park include…
  • West Virginia Miracle Field Sports Complex – a completely rubberized sport service for baseball players with disabilities, the 3rd of its kind in the country
  • Baseball & Softball Complex used by four area high schools
  • Stepping Stones – a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people with disabilities achieve their maximum level of independence
  • PACE Enterprises - a community rehabilitation program that assists persons with disabilities to become employable in the private sector
  • Girl Scouts – an office providing support and service to 29 counties in West Virginia, Maryland and Ohio
  • Big Brothers/Big Sisters of North Central West Virginia – office committed to providing children with positive caring adult mentors
  • Alternative Learning Center - serves the needs of at-risk high school age students
On behalf of MountainFest Motorcycle Rally, LLC thank you to each and every sponsor and attendee that has helped make it possible for us to support this great organization so they can continue to provide these necessary services to our community.
Oh, and admission is $20 this year for all 4 days ($15 in advance).

@Certainteed: I'm from Morgantown originally. You'll have a good time in Morgantown. There's plenty of awesome roads to ride in the area. If bars and nightlife are your thing there's plenty of that too; anything from 18+ freshman bars to hole in the wall dive bars to martini bars. Plenty of different people too. I would be there that weekend, BUT i'm going on vacation to Charleston, SC that week for my best friends wedding. If you have any questions or want some suggestions feel free to PM me.

That goes for any other members looking to attend!

Hope you go, Morgantown's my own little slice of heaven. I love going back.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ok i guess i need to try asking specific questions.

I'm going to ride to this one and pitch a tent when i get there. Hows the party? Should I look for shine now, or is it in abundance? Should I fit another tire because of all-night burnouts, or will half-thread get me through the weekend? Will there be drags?

Basically what I want to knows: is this a party or a bunch of tourists?

Old 07-08-2010, 05:33 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

For the guy who said it was small and only a couple vendors.....did you make it to the main fairgrounds? I have some pics around I'll dig up later. Bikes as far as you can see. Last year was a little slow due to the weather but so was Thunder. I prefer it to Thunder In The Valley,maybe cause I live a few miles away but Thunder is only an hour & 1/2 away. Campgrounds have bands that will play all night. I think there is more to do and a better time at Mountainfest.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:40 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed

I'm going to ride to this one and pitch a tent when i get there. Hows the party? Should I look for shine now, or is it in abundance? Should I fit another tire because of all-night burnouts, or will half-thread get me through the weekend? Will there be drags?

It's a party! WVU is known to be 1 of the top party schools in the country! Helmet law sucks though.....

Old 07-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed

they have camp sites available at/near the grounds. I haven't spent time there late-night so I won't put my good name on the line and say one way or the other. Bring your own shine (I'm sure you can find some more while you're hear if you're resourceful enough). If you're lookin for a party, i'm sure you'll find the right crowd. I've heard about things getting kinda wild at the bar there at the grounds (i think its called the salloon?), but never been a part of it. There's some places around town that I could send ya where you're sure to meet some people that want to throw down like I think you know how to do.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:53 AM
dustineal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You tube it! If you ever want to get a sneak peek at a rally or event just you tube it. Just gotta remember it's up to us to keep it out there so take your cameras guys.

Quick Reply: Mountainfest ??