Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 3 days and nights at Sturgis?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:04 PM
never say never
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will not stay at the buffalo chip anymore,paid 140 bucks to watch steven tylor fall off the fricken stage and when it rains the place is one muddy chit hole.im not intrested in all the loser bands they have there this year thier all so fricken old it makes me want to puke.I will ride out to hook up with some old friends sit around camp and party will go to sturgis for maybe a couple of hours,and i always take a couple of hours to check out the vendors at rapid city harley i have scored some good deals there from the vendors but never got any thing from the dealer. plan on seeing marshall tucker band for free at the full throttle but we will smoke a few doobies before we get on the buss from katmandu i will not give that mike ballard 8 bucks for a bottle of beer,one night at katmandu and thats only because i want to use the buss service to the full throottle then back to our hang out in carlisle.will stop at sundance for the burn out competion still cant belive riders will beat thier bikes like that anyway there is plenty to do that has nothing to do with trying to ride you bike down main street of sturgis ride safe dont split the lanes because you make the posers nervous and have a good time!!!!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 01:34 PM
artz
Road Master

Originally Posted by never say never
plan on seeing marshall tucker band for free
Whens the last time you saw marshall tucker ? Be glad that its free and burn one before you go because your gonna be dissappointed.
I do believe there is only one original member in the band.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:43 PM
bagga
Elite HDF Member
Received 603 Likes on 352 Posts

don't think about this too much. just go there and figure it out, it isn't rocket science. go down to main street for an evening of motorcycle and freak show entertainment. it doesn't matter what night you go, they're all the same. if you want to go to mount rushmore, then do that. if you want to go to concerts, then do that. if you want to hang out in the bars, then do that. if you want to see the sights, then do that. it's not that hard and you won't do everything there is to do in 3 or 4 days. i've been there 6 times in the last 22 years and haven't done everything there is to do.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 PM
never say never
Tourer

Originally Posted by artz
Whens the last time you saw marshall tucker ? Be glad that its free and burn one before you go because your gonna be dissappointed.
I do believe there is only one original member in the band.
wow another low budget trip to sturgis i can dig it!!maybe il just shoot praire dogs for a couple of days and catch a few fish.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I used to live only a few hundred miles away. I went every year for years.

And I can tell ya, without a doubt, if you can't stay all week and have to pick a few days to, pick the first three or four days.

Why? It's simple. All the vendors, hot barmaids, and everyone else is amped and ready to party - hard. Towards the end of the week, most people are burnt out - fact.

Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 AM
never say never
Tourer

Originally Posted by fleabite
I used to live only a few hundred miles away. I went every year for years.

And I can tell ya, without a doubt, if you can't stay all week and have to pick a few days to, pick the first three or four days.

Why? It's simple. All the vendors, hot barmaids, and everyone else is amped and ready to party - hard. Towards the end of the week, most people are burnt out - fact.
I agree with you completely towards the end of the week the whole attitude changes people start to get pissed off because they didnt make enough tips,vendors didnt sell what they needed and the fricken cops start to go for thier ticket quotas. early is best if you dont know your way around.