General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious to what the HD community thinks of Triumph.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2006 | 02:45 AM
TxMoores
Road Warrior
Default RE: Curious to what the HD community thinks of Triumph.

I have read several times in the past if an HD rider couldn't have a HD then he would pick:
Triumph
Moto Guzzi
BMW
Ducati

Old 08-27-2006 | 03:23 AM
Anvil
|
Stage II

It's kinda funny to me that most people object to the brutish and maybe vulgar? appearance of the rocket III. That's what attracts me.... I kinda think of it as a hero of a power cruiser, like a HONDA RUNE. I'm very drawn to the engine appearance and it's asymetrical styling. At first glace the thing just makes you recoil but the looks grew on me and now there's nothing else like it.

I really like H-D bikes just that I want something water cooled and super powerfull, like a V-rod.. but a cruiser. I'm making my mind up between the Rocket III and a Kawasaki mean streak 1600. I think I favor the Rocket III though I've never ridden one. Someone said Triumph dealer network was lacking... Man is that true! I mentioned that to the Triumph dealer. I said, "yeah, you want a triumph when you want to stand out and look good but when your bike breaks down and you need a mechanic you sure wish you had a kawasaki."

Funny thing is, I don't really care for the Rocket III's power. I just like the looks.

Old 08-27-2006 | 04:49 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

Lotsa friends had them, I never did, but got to ride a few. Not bad, but that was a long time ago. I dont think I would last real long in this riding position these days!!!

And I dont think I could pull off this one piece leather thingie look!

Old 08-27-2006 | 04:54 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member

I wish I still had my old 1970 Bonneville. Just as the V-Twin has it's unique sound...So does the British Verticle Twin. Really loved that bike, Lucas electrics and all.

Old 08-27-2006 | 07:54 AM
sctusa
Road Captain

First bike I ever owned was a new 650 Bonneville back in '68. It was a great bike. Nothing but good to say about Triumph here...
But I love my Sporty...

Old 08-27-2006 | 08:56 AM
smokeygold
Road Master

I own both! A Roadking and a Bonneville. I can tell you that the Bonnie is a blast to ride and good looking. However, the King hands down is the better bike as far as quality, ride and overall appeal (getting babes). Also the Triumph forums need to bash Harley constantly to make themselves feel better about not owning a HOG!!!!

Old 08-27-2006 | 09:36 AM
Reino
Ultimate HDF Member

I love the rocket III, the bigger the better but I've been in the Harley camp too long to own anything else.

Old 08-27-2006 | 09:53 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: smokeygold
...Also the Triumph forums need to bash Harley constantly to make themselves feel better about not owning a HOG!!!!
Pity. Everyone needs to realize that there are other motorcycles out there. Everyone has their favorite or favorites. But there is only one motorcyclist. And while the various communities are bashing each other, the non-riders and politician's are turning the screws on all of us.

Old 08-27-2006 | 11:44 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

Ive always liked old british bikes,Triumph,BSA,Norton.
I use t own a '71 Triumph Bonny.

Old 08-27-2006 | 03:26 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

Hey, with all this good will towards Triumph, maybe they will put up a banner ad next to BMW's.

Quick Reply: Curious to what the HD community thinks of Triumph.