General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOKA HEY Winners announced!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Ah! An alliance. That's cool It guaranteed them half the prize money. But wasn't the winner supposed to be the one who made it in the shortest time? They both couldn't have started the race at the exact same time. Did they change the rules?

Old 07-05-2010, 09:19 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

Way to blow a buzz, Buzz

Old 07-05-2010, 10:07 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't I read somewhere that they have to take a lie detector to prove they stayed on the predetermined course?

Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 PM
alaskajeff
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DynaMightBuzz
Ah! An alliance. That's cool It guaranteed them half the prize money. But wasn't the winner supposed to be the one who made it in the shortest time? They both couldn't have started the race at the exact same time. Did they change the rules?
From what I heard when I talked to one of the challengers when I was on the road between Fairbanks and Palmer a few days ago he said the start was just a MASS EXODUS! everyone leavng all at once. No tracking equipment on the bikes or timers at the checkpoints. He said it was MAHEM for the first few hundred miles. Then by the first checkpoint it started to thin out. I guess a lot changed as the challene progressed. Sound like a ride of a lifetime for those who made it.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:33 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by alaskajeff
From what I heard when I talked to one of the challengers when I was on the road between Fairbanks and Palmer a few days ago he said the start was just a MASS EXODUS! everyone leavng all at once. No tracking equipment on the bikes or timers at the checkpoints. He said it was MAHEM for the first few hundred miles. Then by the first checkpoint it started to thin out. I guess a lot changed as the challene progressed. Sound like a ride of a lifetime for those who made it.

Sounds like they did change the rules then. Maybe it wasn't as organized as I thought it would be. Guess it's difficult to organize something like this with a lot of rules. But it's not as if they didn't have time. This race was supposed to happen last year but they put it off because of the economy and lack of interest. No rules is the way to go. Like the Stampede. Other than the bike you ride and keeping gas receipts, there are no rules.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to rain on anyones parade here, but I read that the first two that crossed the finish line together have been disqualified for missing a check point in South Dakota.

I have also heard that there were at least two fatalities. The number of injured is a total unknown.

As to the organizer (AKA: Big Jim) not being in Homer, that is about what I would expect from him from some of the past internet history that is easy to search p.

Finally, as to an actual winner being "announced" that is a far cry from the $500,000.00 in first place prize money being paid out. There can be a lot of water pass under the bridge in the next month before Sturgis as there are a myriad of reasons under their Force Majeure that pretty much states they can cancel "at any time" and for "any reason".

Old 07-05-2010, 11:11 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will be soooooooo f-ing glad when these HOKA HEY threads are finally over!! @#$%!!!!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:24 AM
Route66rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
I will be soooooooo f-ing glad when these HOKA HEY threads are finally over!! @#$%!!!!
Likewise, but it really won't be over until either the $500,00.00 is honestly paid out (my opinion = not likely) or the originator is behind bars IF he fails to pay the full amount (again my opinion = not likely on jail time).

Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Nabubba
Road Master

Was directed to this website today. Looks like maybe they are giving reimbursements to avoid litigation

http://www.hokaheymotorcompany.com/

Old 07-06-2010, 02:26 PM
daleg3556
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCOMMISH
Me too, then we can get back to the poser threads!

Quick Reply: HOKA HEY Winners announced!