General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I HATE it when people say this........

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
bear68
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just saw a news report that said motorcycle accidents have DECREASED here in FlooreeeeeDUH by 25%!! They credited safety courses and training and increased awareness of other drivers that we are out there!!

Kinda nice to see the other side of the coin for a change....

Especially since helmet laws were repealed here a few years back......

Old 07-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Lickety Split
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's just one more reason I'm glad I'm an @ssh0le, people don't care if I wreck or not, cept my friends and they ride too so I don't have to hear that crap.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:16 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

why do people make up those stories?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:18 PM
dmftoy1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try being the son of a nurse and married to one . .funny thing is . . .I got the kids college bills all paid off and all of a sudden she didn't have any problems with me buying a bike . .even bought me a jacket to ride in . . . . my theory is that we've been married so long now that she figures it's a quick way to collect some insurance and trade me in for a newer model.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:29 PM
screamin softail
Road Master

As Jimmy Buffett sang " I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:39 PM
crackercap
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markymannn
Couple days ago I'm at a red light, a guy in his 80's probably pulls up along side me and yells "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE ON THAT THING". I was like , uh ok. Local paper has been running articles every week it seems about the rider death count in WNY. About 25 so far, which is really F'd up.
You should have yelled back " yeah, you wanna go along"

Old 07-06-2010, 07:03 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

Non riders usually hate bikes and are just trying to convince you to give it up. Attempts to scare you with stories of biking deaths is one method. These are the same clowns who have to pass you no matter how fast you are going because they are afraid they are going to run you over when you fall off.

The next time someone relates a story to you about a biker death, tell them about the time your Aunt slipped on a bar of soap in the bathtub and drowned.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Tri Glide
Advanced

I do auto body repair and you would not beleive some of the car wrecks we get when we are on tow call. We get an occasional motorcycle but it is rare. For some reason people don`t want to hear about car wrecks, but when it`s a motorcycle it makes headlines.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 AM
inswva
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife isn't into riding but understands that I love it and we both acknowledge the inherent risks but don't really talk about it. I damn sure never recount the close calls I have on the road. She does worry, I think, but she's cool enough not to go all Chicken Little on me about it.

She's had a few people in her ear about how "dangerous" riding can be. She's smart enough to not feed into it for my sake. She simply tells me, "be safe and I'll see you in awhile", every time I leave for a ride.

Old 07-06-2010, 01:46 PM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

most people are very scared of just about everything. My 7 year old has friends that are not aloud away from their house as their parents fear abduction, hit by a car whatever. We live in a decent little neighborhood too. People often just do not have the intelligence to understand risk and the actual rarity of things going wrong. Besides that, as unhappy as people in general are, why the *** are they so scared to do something that may cause them to die? Oh yeah, their petrified of death too...LOL...

Quick Reply: I HATE it when people say this........