General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I HATE it when people say this........

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 04:00 PM
SidewinderIRTS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are people on m/c forums that feel the need to post about every accident they see too.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:16 PM
ga guy
Cruiser

deleted

Old 07-05-2010, 05:46 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just smile politely and ignore them..........

Old 07-05-2010, 05:49 PM
mickymoto
Tourer

That type of comment was the only reservation I had before buying mine, I knew my dad didn't like motorbikes, after I bought it I asked him why...It was because of a minor accident on a trail bike when he was younger, he wasn't injured, but just never liked them after that....The way I see it, you can hurt yourself doing lots of things!...no good spending your life worrying about it though. get out there & just do it!.....who knows...you might just make it through without an accident!!

Old 07-05-2010, 05:56 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get it on several fronts. The most popular are for the motorcycle and for the skydiving. All ever hear is how people have died from doing what I love.

I want to start telling them about how their hobbies kill people. You know...like video games and people that sit on their couches watching tv all day.

Screw em. Ride, skydive, off-road and enjoy life to its fullest as if its your last day. We could die tomorrow getting hit by a bus. I'd rather die doing something...or someone... I love.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Crusing
Road Captain

Yea, I know as I hear it from my daughter who means well and worries about me riding. After my accident resulting in a broken leg my therapists, one which lost her stepfather in motorcycle accident, could not believe that I planned to ride again. My response was to ask if my injury had resulted from horse riding, snow skiing, hiking, etc. would they expect me to give up these as well? While I could say more let it suffice to say that it is a passion that only those who ride understand.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got the same stuff from the Navy docs that put me back together after my accident. I told them that as soon as I could, my leg would be back over my rebuilt bike and I'd be headed down the road again.

They all thought I was crazy, but as a Marine, it's expected that we're crazy. At least in the eyes of a Squid.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:03 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My normal response is something like "OMG, you're sh*tting me! I'm gonna sell the bike tomorrow and never ride again! Thanks!!" Usually shuts em up.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:06 PM
turider
Novice

Over the years have heard most of the comments. Sitting at a light and hear, my brother was killed on one of those. Where is your helmet? Do you want to die? On and on. Had a surgeon tell me I was her favorite motor donor. Like many here have said and the T-shirts say" IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN.........YOU STILL WON'T UNDERSTAND. Ride on and be amused by their ignorance.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:11 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't help I smoke, do drugs, sell drugs, skydive and hunt for terrorists on the weekend....

Quick Reply: I HATE it when people say this........