Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hayabusa to Dyna 1st 100 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:05 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats on the new ride!

Protective gear - well, look at it this way, the road is just as hard and rash inducing regardless of wether you come off a Busa or HD.....

Best Helmet - The one YOU are comfortable wearing, and it doesnt have to be a HD lid.
For reference purposes, I have a HD 3/4 with a full face clear shield and integrated (slide in/out) tinted visor. I like the helmet as I get full face protection from kamikaze grasshoppers and the like, but can be open faced when i want. The good part is that with the shield up i get next to no drag as the top of the shield when up has good a half inch gap between it and the Helmet top so air flows through easy. It is a bit noisey with the shield up or down. Its not the greatest skid lid, but not the worst either.

Dressing the "part" is optional, but remember, you bought a bike that adds to your lifestyle. You didnt buy a lifestyle that came with an optional extra bike

ride safe

Last edited by Krazy8s; 07-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Jus Cruisin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came from a ZX-14 and I still wear my full face helmets (I have a few of them) and my fuel boots. I don't much care what others think. My riding buddies razz me all the time about the helmets and ask when I am going to get a half-helmet. Maybe some day.....

Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

talk about real culture shock...lol.......

Welcome
to the site and the world of Harley!!!!

Its all about doin your own thing and not given a **** about what someone else thinks about it.

I live in a helmet not required state so when riding locally I go lidless. When on the slab I wear one. Depending on the temps I go from FF to 1/2. I have been known to wear full leather on the slab as well, but it tends to wear on ya when its extremely hot. Opening the vents on the jacket, leaving the zipper slightly opened and letting air rush up the sleeves can provide some real ventilation, but only some....lol. Boots are a must unless just runnin into our little town.

Lurk around the site some and you'll find forums youa re comfortable with and people that you can chat with. Lots of brainpower here concerning tweeking your Hawg to make it as efficient as your wallet will allow.....and then some.

I'm riding down 77 to Raleigh in a few days....gonna see if NC is all I keep hearing that it is.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:51 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by glideridemike
I'm riding down 77 to Raleigh in a few days....gonna see if NC is all I keep hearing that it is.
Check out western nc too. Asheville/hendersonville seems to be a growing area. Of course you'd only be <90min or so from some of the best riding the southeast has to offer.