Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hayabusa to Dyna 1st 100 miles

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 PM
swoopjr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SportsterBob
Hang on to that 'Busa cause you may need that rush of 170-hp on certain occasions...That addiction is not easy to break!!!

Of course, don't neglect the Dyna!!!

So true. I miss my busa!!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:18 PM
BBBSS
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came off an 05 busa with a couple year break between selling that and getting the harley. Definitly a different animal altogether, but both are very comfortable and tons of fun. I have my car for the speed rush now. I'm still new to the harley thing too though, so I'm gonna shut up and do some reading now.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I sold my 2006 Busa LE a few weeks ago. I don't miss it a bit. I loved the 160+ runs in a straight line, but after a while, I lost interest. When I bought my fat-bob, the busa was surely neglected. So, I sold it. I did get full retail for it though. so that was nice.

Oh, welcome to the forums. You can tighten up that tube by adjusting the throttle cables. It isn't hard to do.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wear your gear! You want to be comfortable on your bike, wear what you are used to riding with.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:24 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

I went from riding with full gear, helmet, protective jacket, gloves, etc. to what I wear now. Sunglasses, jeans, t-shirt, boots, vest. After you come off a busa, it will take a while to relax your riding gear requirements.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM
pkee
Intermediate

This is true about the speed fix . But the Hog rush is just as good .
I have had mixed feelings about helmets . I am looking for a better fitting one . Takes time to find a good fit .

Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 PM
BlackRob
Tourer

I live in NC also so I have to wear a helmet. With the windshiled off I find a full face helmet the most comfortable at any speeds over 55. With a windshield you can get away with a half helmet. Lots of Harley guys talk about how uncomfortable or uncool a full face is but most of those people have windshields or a giant fairing or they just putt down to the neighborhood bar at 35 mph.

By the way, I prefer to keep the best of both worlds...

Old 07-03-2010, 10:58 PM
jurob
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on the new bike, i have a feeling you will be switching to a touring model within a year since your wife likes to ride with you.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:08 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good God...If I was 19 again, I'd go climb on a 'Busa with 170-hp off the showroom floor for just under $10K...It's a recreation of the the 60's muscle-car era but on 2-wheels...!

Fast forward to today, I'd lose one of 2-things...My drivers license or my life...A 'Busa would push me to the limits of the latter...

It's probably a good thing I was born when I was...I'd damn sure test those limits immediately and wouldn't live long enough to be where I'm at now!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

Trust me, my first ride on the busa was from Vegas (where I bought it) to Salt Lake. This thing has so much power in reserve, it's amazing some lib hasn't had it outlawed yet. Rolling burn-outs in second gear at 65MPH are not a problem with them. I have seen Busa's that were turbo'd, juiced, and supercharged. I don't understand why anyone would want a bike that will do 187 MPH. That is what a stock busa is GOVERNED at. Mine had a BMC race filter, dual Yoshi pipes, and PCIII. It was tuned and ready to go. I never lost a race, be it car or bike.

Quick Reply: Hayabusa to Dyna 1st 100 miles