General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet enforcement in Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:07 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
good answere i don`t know why someone would drive to another country, knowing he could get into trouble just because he worried about bubble head, i live close to the vancouver border i am in wa, and i won`t even ride my bike over there, why chance it
This is the kind of pretty narrow minded statement that makes me wonder 'what the ****""

Just so you know different States in the USA have different laws, do you never leave WA, don't want to chance it.

Educate yourself, read up on the laws, obey them, and have a great trip seeing some of the most beautiful roads in the world in BC.

I travel to the US regularly on business and on my bike for vacation. If I travel to a State I never been to I check local laws, rules and regulations and conform. I do not let ignorance and fear dictate where I will go.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:08 AM
OsoFat
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
your not a idiot just scentless
So, at least you won't smell bad. Is that a crime?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:21 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer

[

First I've heard about this. In fact, the SAAQ (Societe de l'assurance Automobile du Quebec) claim the opposite on their info page about helmets :

http://www.saaq.qc.ca/en/accident_pr...lmets/what.php

As long as your helmet respects one of the standards, it's A-OK. No need for specific brands and or models.[/QUOTE]

Knight WRK
Thanks for the info, I have never been stopped in Que. but was told by my brother (RCMP Officer) that Que went model specific for helmets. I guess he was wrong. As I said to another poster "know the laws and you will be fine". I wear a DOT approved HD helmet so never bothered to check if my info was correct.

Cheers
Bluenoser

Old 07-08-2010, 11:31 AM
KnightWRX
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add, here's the official regulation attached to the highway safety code for Helmets in Quebec :

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gou...4_2R0_03_A.HTM

Article 2 plainly says standard compliant helmet. Any one standard. Article 3 prevents helmet modification (crushing foam) but does allow for a repaint, which is awesome since it would have been so easy to just not mention it at all and have all airbrush work be illegal.