General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Tickets for loud PIPES?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006 | 02:56 AM
E DOGG
|
Road Master
Default Any Tickets for loud PIPES?

Did anyone ever get pulled over for TOO LOUD ? What exhuast did you have and WHERE?[:@]

Thank You for your Time and Consideration!!

Old 08-26-2006 | 03:07 AM
wolf1477
Road Master
Default RE: Any Tickets for loud PIPES?

Oh lord, here we go again.

Yes I've been pulled over
No I didn't get a ticket because my bike was built with that style pipe in the 70's
Yes I pissed off the cop
No I don't rap on it too loud in residential neighborhoods
Yes I do slip the leash a bit when on the highway

Ok, I think I got all my old thoughts together once again for this topic...kinda like a reunion concert by the Eagles, keeps getting shorter and shorter and I think I've really lost my point<g>

Wolf, mostly tongue in cheek, but, friendly warning...grab yer asbestos underwear, it's gonna get hot in here<g>

Old 08-26-2006 | 03:23 AM
eazy
Road Warrior

Taken from https://www.hdforums.com/m_79606/tm.htm New Members Read First

When you join a message board or internet forum there are usually certain protocols that apply. They generally vary from one forum or board to another, but a few things seem to apply anywhere. I figgered I'd toss off a few of 'em for y'all to read. They ain't in any particular order, except the disorder existing in my mind, so don't attach any importance to that order. Or disorder. Whatever....

2) Before asking a question about ANYTHING (yeah, I meant to SHOUT), learn how to do a Search. There are many topics that have been covered and maybe your question has already been answered. Two or three times, most likely. Admin has created a couple sections (Harley Bike Forums, Tech Forums, Do It Yourself Forums) that may have answers, also. Look in them.

Here you go https://www.hdforums.com/m_611658/tm.htm

Not trying to rag on you, but I'm sure some might.

Old 08-26-2006 | 09:22 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

To answer the question, nope. Never was and probably never will. Mine are loud but not straight pipes. I do not rattle the neighbors windows leaving (1 did not even hear me at all and he is up at the hour I leave in the am), I do not play the 'set off alarms' game. It may be loud on the highway, but no more so than a Jake brake.

Old 08-26-2006 | 10:30 AM
asuperheat
Road Master

Hope this one goes over smother than the one in the touring section, this topic semes to ratle some cages!

Old 08-26-2006 | 01:03 PM
E DOGG
|
Road Master

I was just asking, to see what a good pair of slip-ons to put on. Something nice in the "HOOD" and LOUD only during accelleration or higher speeds. That's was what I was getting at. "SORRY". I'll SEARCH more than to ask.

Old 08-26-2006 | 01:11 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior

Yeah, really what are trying to do start some kind of dialog or maybe meet a kindered soul? Just read the old forums and leave us alone (hope you can hear my sarcasim).
ORIGINAL: eazy

Taken from https://www.hdforums.com/m_79606/tm.htm New Members Read First

When you join a message board or internet forum there are usually certain protocols that apply. They generally vary from one forum or board to another, but a few things seem to apply anywhere. I figgered I'd toss off a few of 'em for y'all to read. They ain't in any particular order, except the disorder existing in my mind, so don't attach any importance to that order. Or disorder. Whatever....

2) Before asking a question about ANYTHING (yeah, I meant to SHOUT), learn how to do a Search. There are many topics that have been covered and maybe your question has already been answered. Two or three times, most likely. Admin has created a couple sections (Harley Bike Forums, Tech Forums, Do It Yourself Forums) that may have answers, also. Look in them.

Here you go https://www.hdforums.com/m_611658/tm.htm

Not trying to rag on you, but I'm sure some might.

Old 08-26-2006 | 02:25 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Nu B StreetGlider
I was just asking, to see what a good pair of slip-ons to put on. Something nice in the "HOOD" and LOUD only during accelleration or higher speeds. That's was what I was getting at. "SORRY". I'll SEARCH more than to ask.
Any baffled pipe will be fine as long as you're not a butt cruising up to the crib.

Old 08-26-2006 | 02:45 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

To answer the original poster's question:

Nope... Never been pulled for the pipes. And I see a lit of cops down here in the sticks. Most of the time I just get a thumbs up from Smokey.

As for the DO A SEARCH response... Okay... I agree. However... please PLEASE (yes I mean to shout) do NOT turn this into some of the other forums out there like crownvic.net. Those morons spend more time yelling at people to do searches than they do actually discussing things.

If EVEYRYTHING has been said then I think the admins should lock the forum and keep it as an archive only. Forums are meant for discussion and the discussions can be lively here. Have we talked about loud pipes here before? Yep. Will we again? Yep. If you don't like the LOUD PIPE posts... don't click it.

And I am not busting on you, Eazy... Just saying. I got so fed up with all the "Do A Search" posts on other forums that I just stopped going to them. I don't want that to happen here. Please.

Old 08-26-2006 | 02:46 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

'puter freaked out and posted twice... weird... Ignore this one. =)