General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Cadman311,

Unless you have some constructive comments for this thread, find another one.

I bought the trailer to haul the bikes if we needed to, or anyone else from my riding group if they break down. I also Haul stuff to the dump and move furniture when needed. The trailer has more than one use.

I just got back from a 1300 mile, 4 day trip on the bike from Texas through Oklahoma, Arkansas and back, with the wife.

Am I a poser? 29 Yrs in the US Army I doubt I pose at anything.

Last edited by Tx_Rider; 07-02-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:04 PM
clap
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It would not suprise me a bit if the one's bashing don't have a trailer sitting in there driveway. I have one and it come's in pretty handy, for camping , hauling the bike , moving the kid's and lot's more. Don't let it bother you , they are just mad because they can't afford both a Harley and a trailer
Clap

Old 07-02-2010, 09:02 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

live to ride
ride to live

Old 07-02-2010, 09:52 PM
dynhd1
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by clap
It would not suprise me a bit if the one's bashing don't have a trailer sitting in there driveway. I have one and it come's in pretty handy, for camping , hauling the bike , moving the kid's and lot's more. Don't let it bother you , they are just mad because they can't afford both a Harley and a trailer
Clap
Dundalk MD is filled with trailers ! Drove through there,,,

Old 07-02-2010, 11:22 PM
walkerinin
Road Master
Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the best improvements would include a stereo, high tech lights, and a stripper pole. Otherwise, do what you want.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:37 PM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice trailer. I would wire some outlets and at least one light inside with an outside hook up like a camper uses. If you are somewhere you can get power you will be set. And of course some 12v lights with switchs inside. Oh yeah thanks for serving.

Last edited by BB4xl; 07-02-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:15 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default gear hammocks

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
...Looking for ideas for the interior, shelves, lighting, storage, ect...
Instead of building a bunch of heavy shelves or cabinets which can seem to always be in the way, yacht chandlers have nets of various sizes, called gear hammocks, which can be hung when and where you need them. They are very simple, cheap, lightweight, durable, hold your gear so it doesn't crash around, can be adapted to virtually any shape, and a whole set can be stored in an extremely small space. They work well against ceilings and walls by simply providing attachment points: an eye-bolt, for example.

Very heavy gear such as tool boxes should be secured as low as possible

Old 07-03-2010, 12:33 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Am i a poser cause i take my RV, hook up my 15' toy hauler and throw my Harley in the hauler when i take my wife and kids across country to the grand canyon. take the Harley out ride around with the wife, or kids and haul it home... Dang,i must really suck... thats it, im selling everything and only keep the Harley, the wife and kids will have to suck it... im no longer a poser! Proud of me now.... im so glad, i feel much better you approve...

Old 07-03-2010, 05:00 AM
dustineal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hog 0308 you are no poser you're effin lucky! Everyman dreams of having the cool toys you have. An RV, toy hauler, and and harley I bet you have a boat too. Lets be friends! My wife always complains she says "All you want are big expensive toys, why can't you want small cheap stuff?" Then I always come back with "but it'll be great for family activities."

Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 AM
Tx_Rider
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by walkerinin
I think the best improvements would include a stereo, high tech lights, and a stripper pole. Otherwise, do what you want.
You must go to a lot of Rally's.

Thats all I saw at the ROT Rally in Austin this year. Stripper poles on trailers, toy haulers, even in the back of 4 wheelers.

Quick Reply: Trailer Ideas