General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:22 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

you got a bagger and a trailer. congrats on that crap.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope I never get so lazy that I would have to Pose as a biker. PW and have to have the old lady put my bike in a box to go for a ride. I love the beautiful outside with wind in my face.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 AM
dustineal
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just because he owns a trailer makes him a poser really? Yeah you're a real poser because you can afford a trailer so you can take your bike with you on family trips, or have it for when it breaks down.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:13 AM
cadman311
Club Member

If the old lady needs to take a car turn the GPS on for her and tell see you there if you have any *****.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 AM
cadman311
Club Member

Old 07-02-2010, 09:28 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tx_Rider
Stagger the bikes in the trailer, as far as a workbench, maybe something that would fold up and lock in place when the bikes were in the trailer and you might be able to get a small set of floor cabinets with a table top or counter top in the very front depending on bike placement. Also you need to consider where you want to put your tie down D rings.
Good Luck

Old 07-02-2010, 02:20 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

I hope I never get so judgemental as to assume someone is a "poser" just because he wants or needs to trailer his bike.

What's next? He's a "poser" if he washes his bike prior to the end of his riding season? Maybe he's a "poser" if he pays someone to mount and balance his tire?

Personally, I think that anyone so full of himself to call others "poser" must be a treat to ride/travel with...I'd much rather trailer.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:42 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
I hope I never get so judgemental as to assume someone is a "poser" just because he wants or needs to trailer his bike.

What's next? He's a "poser" if he washes his bike prior to the end of his riding season? Maybe he's a "poser" if he pays someone to mount and balance his tire?

Personally, I think that anyone so full of himself to call others "poser" must be a treat to ride/travel with...I'd much rather trailer.
I agree with you 100%. I am looking at getting a trailer to haul the bike with me in a couple of years. I currently use it for work, approximately 2000 miles a month. My wife does ride with me, but does not ride, and currently is working in our home town. I am looking at a time when she is no longer working and can travel with me. I will still have to work, but rather than leave her sitting in a hotel while I am at work, she will have the use of the tow vehicle to get out and do things. Now does that make me a poser. Who cares! If it works for me that is all that matters. I get the best of both worlds. Still get to ride my bike, get to have my wife with me at night, can still take day trips, she can get around, and all is good.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:25 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never had anyone call me a poser in person riding or trailering. That could be interesting.

Old 07-02-2010, 04:53 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeeze...Guess my wife and I are big posers after both of us have ridden for over 25 years each (we are both in our mid 40's) and just last month we picked up a 2 place trailer to have our bikes with us when we take the motorhome out....Or when we want to go to Mexico or other warm locations during our winter month's in Utah....If not choosing to ride in blizzards over 8500 ft mountain passes in below zero temps makes my wife or I posers...Then we will just smile and enjoy doing what makes us happy and those that feel otherwise can just freeze their azz's off being "bikers" <rolls eyes>

Quick Reply: Trailer Ideas