General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hlaf helmet for a long oval head XXXX

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010 | 08:47 AM
bobx67
Cruiser

go to all the stores around you and try helmets on. or check the mail order places return policies and order a few and try them on. eventually youll get one thats comfortable.

Old 07-19-2010 | 08:49 AM
VA Biker
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by bobx67
go to all the stores around you and try helmets on. or check the mail order places return policies and order a few and try them on. eventually youll get one thats comfortable.
Well the one Vega fits like a baseball cap but now Im concerned about the strap ,wind noise thing I mentioned earlier.

Old 07-19-2010 | 04:44 PM
nhbouncer
Tourer

Yea go to the store and try a helmet on he says...Let me say that for sure I am not walking into any store and finding a helmet on the shelf for my head. I have an HJC full face that was given to me that is a XXXL and is sooo very tight I only put it on if absolutely have to have a helmet. I have been searching for a half helmet to fit me but the biggest I can come up with is the Daytona xxxxl and that says hat sizes 8 1/8 to 8 1/4 hat size I'm right on the boarder of the larger end of that and don't really want to order one and deal with sending it back because it doesn't fit.

Old 07-19-2010 | 05:48 PM
Auckland
Tourer

Originally Posted by HarleyArcher
Daytona helmets have 3X and 4X helmets. Bryan
Originally Posted by golfblues
But they are for round heads!
Indeed. I have a Daytona and my buddy has a Skid Lid. When I compared the 2, the first thing I noticed was mine was round and his was oval. So I would recommend a Skid Lid for oval heads.

Old 07-19-2010 | 06:49 PM
06Heritage
Tourer

My size xxxxl fulmer fits my melon pretty good .

Old 07-31-2010 | 08:39 AM
sstoltzner
Stage III
Question searching for new helmet

I'm looking at Vega XTS and Daytona half shell helmets for a low profile light weight fit. Are there other helmets that may be closer to novalty style but DOT stamped. ACC and others have been recalled anything different out there

Old 08-02-2010 | 06:59 AM
VA Biker
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by sstoltzner
I'm looking at Vega XTS and Daytona half shell helmets for a low profile light weight fit. Are there other helmets that may be closer to novalty style but DOT stamped. ACC and others have been recalled anything different out there
I think I will go with a Vega myself .Its the only one I found that fits good and dosent look huge on my head.

Old 08-02-2010 | 11:50 AM
skydrifter
Road Captain

I went to the Vega website they have no 1/2 helmets larger then XXL. I also called them to confirm this they told me the only helmets they have that are larger then XXL are off road full face helmets they go up to XXXL

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:45 PM
dacfan
Intermediate

I have a Vega 3/4 helmet I bought a few months ago, and have recently purchased a Daytona half shell. The Vega brand seems to run a bit larger. Both seem to be great helmets though.(4xl size)

Old 08-02-2010 | 02:57 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

I think you'll have to try on a lot of helmets to get the right fit. If you are indeed mega-cephalic, you should move to a no helmet law state.

Quick Reply: Hlaf helmet for a long oval head XXXX