General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Karma is a powerful thing....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 PM
firemanpedro
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Karma is a powerful thing....

Went for a nice Sunday ride here in the beautiful Rockville MD area today. Started out great. A little warm but not too bad. Things went South quickly when a soccer mom and her volvo came up from behind and proceeded to infringe upon my little piece of the road. I was preparing to turn right, hit the blinker on the bike, checked the mirror, checked over the shoulder and then saw her coming up like a bat out of hell. She sped up to get in front of me so I slow down and start to fade left (big 4 lane city type street.) This does not cure the problem apparently because as she begins to speed past, she comes over on top of me. I locked up the rear and tried to ride out the skid (bike skids straight if you keep it that way) and was doing fine....until she clipped the front wheel. Got the front wheel washout bit and down she goes, lowside and all. I do the roll down the road thing at about 35-40 mph almost in slow motion. I am thinking the entire time, I gotta get up, gotta get up before I get run over. I can see the bike sliding and does a flop from one side to the other ( heard more than seen that part) and I come to rest on my feet. Check myself for profuse bleeds and broken parts and finding none I go to get my scoot hoping that its in some semblance of one piece. Guy from the patio eatery saw this happen and has come to my aid asking of I am alright and such, helps me get the bike to the sidewalk without getting run over. Thanks fella. I asked where the gold Volvo is that clipped me and he says she never even stopped...not even a brake light. Its a good thing I wasn't bleeding that bad cause the spike in blood pressure would have caused me to bleed out...I am certain. I get that we are not always seen, but damn....you hit somebody knowing that they are there and not even stop. My point (sorry for the long tirade..just pissed) is to be careful, wear a helmet, watch out, and remember that Karma is a real b*tch..........

I am fine btw...bumps bruises and some good road rash...bike on the other hand...well...we'll see what the shop says tomorrow when the tow brings her in.

Sorry had to vent....

Old 06-27-2010, 07:18 PM
artz
Road Master

its gonna come back to haunt that bitch 20 times over. Glad your alive and well.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:29 PM
The_Nothing_Man
Cruiser

Glad you are okay ! I hope someone gets her plate # and you get justice. Good luck to you !

Old 06-27-2010, 07:39 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad to hear your OK, sorry to hear about the scoot. If she doesn't get paid back in this life, I'm sure she will in the next.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Hey, good luck with the bike and with your body. The bike can be fixed but the body is ocassionally a little harder to repair. Helluva story for your first post b the way.

Bub

Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 PM
ga guy
Cruiser

Bright color loud pipes, use horn for any slight reason or even w/o reason

Old 06-27-2010, 08:15 PM
screamin softail
Road Master

I hope she gets run over by a gasoline truck.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:22 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Glad your ok. Hope the "B" gets it back 10 fold!

Old 06-27-2010, 08:25 PM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

Yeah, driving around this area is hazardous, for sure. Did you call the MoCo police?