General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just made a biker movie!, who wants a copy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 04:02 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by maskedman72
i want people to own it and pass it around so no youtube
Bullshit. If all you were concerned about was people passing it around you'd put it on youtube. I can shoot an email with a link to 100 buddies faster than I can hand deliver a freakin' DVD to one of 'em.

You're looking to make money pure and simple.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't try to put lipstick on a pig.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM
uer 84038
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
Bullshit. If all you were concerned about was people passing it around you'd put it on youtube. I can shoot an email with a link to 100 buddies faster than I can hand deliver a freakin' DVD to one of 'em.

You're looking to make money pure and simple.

Nothing wrong with that, but don't try to put lipstick on a pig.
sorry bry, no bullshit here. lets slow down a bit do some math, and look at it then if you want to call it bullshit, go for it.

50 pack of memorex dvd-r's=$18 (not including tax)
50 slim jewel cases=$10
postage for 1 dvd=$1.75

that is $115.50 for 50 dvds NOT INCLUDING the cost for the envelopes so it breaks down to $2.31 per dvd BEFORE you add the envelopes in it. so im sorry to say but i am not trying to make money, only cover the costs to get these out there as i had explained in the original post. if i were charging $10 then the lipstick would be on the pig as you say.

there really are people still living and breathing today that are interested in things other then making a profit. i am interested only in hoping that other riders will be able to relate to my experince or perhaps others out there have done a similar type of trip or are planning one. perhaps those planning a trip with a son or father will find inspiration through this.....or not.

true you can send a link to 1,000 people in 1 click but i personally find youtube to be informal and kind of crappy. it compresses the video and can be slow and it would have to be broken up into 8 parts to fit. i feel its better to just sit back and watch it on a big tv with no interuptions or freezes. a lot of people only have a computer monitor in front of a chair. no one will sit there for 75 minutes to watch a link but most will get cozy and pop in a dvd on a tv.

so bry, send my your address and i will send you a copy for free. ride safe.

-jay

Last edited by uer 84038; 06-23-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
trip20
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I stand corrected!

I won't send you my address because if I get the movie I'm going to post it on youtube.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
uer 84038
Cruiser

i expected a far different reaction to this then getting bashed right from the first post. yes i ride a metric bike in the vid but so what? i do also own and ride an HD in fact i have 2 of them. an 883 and a street bob so who cares? this is not about a brand, it is about a journey and an experience. the bikes pictured are not 883's yet someone comes in bashing an 883 with the typical girl bike comment for god knows what reason? (cause my sig says 883 i would guess). would i get a better reaction if the bikes were both HD? mabyee, mabyee not. i dont care. it would be great if people could see past brands and just enjoy something.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:47 PM
XcellsHD
Cruiser

Jay,

Your ride with your Pops sounds Awesome, I only wish that the Man upstairs gives me a chance to ride with my kid one day.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:48 PM
uer 84038
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Wyde Glyde Bry
I stand corrected!

I won't send you my address because if I get the movie I'm going to post it on youtube.
LOL! too funny

Old 06-23-2010, 04:56 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

First off, I think it's great that you got to ride with your dad. I'm losing mine to Alzheimers and it really sucks that there's not a fookin thing I can do about it except spend some time and watch it happen.
I only got to ride with my dad once. He and I jumped on the bike and went to lunch. These guys here. Some are funny, some are full of bravado, some, well, some just don't get it. I hope you get to ride more with your dad. Noname

Old 06-23-2010, 04:56 PM
texas_speed_freak
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maskedman72
i expected a far different reaction to this then getting bashed right from the first post. yes i ride a metric bike in the vid but so what? i do also own and ride an HD in fact i have 2 of them. an 883 and a street bob so who cares? this is not about a brand, it is about a journey and an experience. the bikes pictured are not 883's yet someone comes in bashing an 883 with the typical girl bike comment for god knows what reason? (cause my sig says 883 i would guess). would i get a better reaction if the bikes were both HD? mabyee, mabyee not. i dont care. it would be great if people could see past brands and just enjoy something.
Thats the way i see it. Who cares if its an H-D or not?? Who cares if its an 883 for that matter?? I see your point about it being a father/son bonding experience and i ride H-D's, AND sportbikes, and would ride a few metrics if i come across the right deal on any of the models i like.

think its a great thing to make the vid, btw.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:58 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I will take one of them, I want to send it to my son who is serving overseas. I would love to go for a ride like this with him, we have done a lot of dirt riding together, but never on the open road.
I think it's great that it means so much to you.
Top those bashing him for this, GET A LIFE! No need to be rude to him for what he is doing. Maybe one day you will feel such pride in an event in your life and others will trash you for it.
Some of you really have no class.

I just made a biker movie!, who wants a copy?-01243.jpg

Last edited by 8541hog; 06-23-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
uer 84038
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I will take one of them, I want to send it to my son who is serving overseas. I would love to go for a ride like this with him, we have done a lot of dirt riding together, but never on the open road.
I think it's great that it means so much to you.
Top those bashing him for this, GET A LIFE! No need to be rude to him for what he is doing. Maybe one day you will feel such pride in an event in your life and others will trash you for it.
Some of you really have no class.

Attachment 124333
your gonna send one to your son serving overseas? awesome!! shoot me your address tonight and i will mail yours out tomorrow at no charge.

Quick Reply: I just made a biker movie!, who wants a copy?