General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Fuel Pack or Power Commander ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010 | 12:27 PM
Eight Songs
|
Intermediate
Default V&H Fuel Pack or Power Commander ?

Been doing lots of surfing and have learning about exhausts...unless I am reading wrong or misunderstanding it seems as though with a Vance and Hines Exhaust you need to keep the O2 sensors installed for fuel injected bikes. Some say you dont really need to have the fuel pack or to dyno tune the bike after install but some say it is a good thing. Now if you install a power commander you dont need the O2 sensors and should for sure dyno tune the bike. I have a set of Vance and Hines Big Shot on route and am a little confused on the next step. Do I do a fuel pak or power commander iwth the new exhaust or no...if so what would be better. I am not looking for max HP gains just some nice sound and looks. Seems like a pretty easy install as well with the V&H pipes...take out O2 sensors and remove stock exhaust...insert O2 sensors into new pipes and re install new exhaust. So fuel pack or new fuel pack..I guess that is the question...

Cheers

Old 06-23-2010 | 01:18 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member

You may need to get a special tool to remove the oxygen sensor, if so, you can barrow one from autozone.
Just Exhaust you do not need either, unless you are wanting to cool the engine down. You should consider cooling the engine down and correcting the lean running of the engine. It is not really a performance issue, more of a longevity issue.
IF you can get a fuelpak for about 75 dollars buy it and run it. If you are going to pay full price get a Power Commander V from FuelMoto.

Old 06-23-2010 | 05:54 PM
1HOTTrain
Cruiser

Definately PCV. Great people to deal with and if you tell them what your running they will ship it with the map already downloaded. Then its just plug and play,half hour install tops and thats an idiot like myself doing it.

Old 06-23-2010 | 06:10 PM
08FLSTF
Intermediate

I have an 08 Fat Boy, just installed the V/H Big Shots, EFI Tuner from Fuel Moto and air cleaner and the bike runs better and sounds amazing. Lost a tiny loss in the MPG department but nothing significant, after 3 fill ups im estimating about 5 miles to the tank.

Old 06-23-2010 | 07:31 PM
Eight Songs
|
Intermediate
Default O2 sensors

Hey...did you end up disconnecting the O2 sensors with the VH pipes or did you leave the sensors installed ?

Old 07-07-2010 | 06:48 PM
ThomHag
Stage IV

Put the V and H pro pipe 2 into one on a 2010 ultra, simply reinstalled the o2 sensor in the holes provided without any additional cable. Added the stage 1 air cleaner and the V and H fuel pack, did not dyno but it runs and sounds great, 80mph in 5th gear turning 3k rpm. Brought it into harley for the 1000 mile check up and when they noticed the new exhaust they called and wanted to install their pro pack and dyno the bike for $800 bucks. I had to explain the new fuel management system was on the bike and if they had taken the seat off it would have jumped up and bit them. Had to direct the service writer to the V and H web site for better explanation of their fuel management system.