General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Riders - You Need to Call Your State Representative

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:08 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't see how they are going to make this law stick or enforce it ! We have plenty of trucks , SUV's and rice burners in CA that have aftermarket ( LOUD ) exhausts and nothing is said about them on our every 2 year smog check .

I'm more concerned with my Stage I / K&N intake , PC III and disconnected recovery system than exhaust . The exhaust has little to nothing to do with what comes out them , its all about noise ! Friggin politicians got nothing better to do ? I think so !

Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 17,542 Likes on 5,081 Posts
Old 06-28-2010, 10:09 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Someone I know read the bill and found out this is for 2011 and never bikes only. It still sucks, but at least it does not affect my bike. Where do we find out what the vote was?

Old 06-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Malibyte
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it was amended last week - changed from 2000 model year to 2011 - they must figure that they'll be challenged to hell and back about unavailability of stock pipes for older bikes, that a lot of the stockers didn't have the stamp or the label on them anyway, yada, yada...this way they can make it stick for next year's models and up.

The market for used bikes is just about to go nuts if this thing passes. I don't buy new bikes anyway, but this would seal the deal for me. If it passes, sell your Harley stock quick.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:40 PM
CRASH
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
All of you easterners need to go back starting with Boxer and Pelosi.
Hey pal, we worked long and hard to ship our crackpots out west. Don't go gettin' all stirred up and thinkin' we want them back here! lol.

As for your bill, I hate to say it but I tihnk you're pissing in the wind. I'm pretty sure this is going to pass, and it'll probbaly have the SUPPORT of teh bigger parts manufacturors because they'll be the only ones left for you to buy from. They'll be able to meet and afford the CARB standards and if you want after market you'll have no choice but to buy from them.