General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Helmet theft ?? Seat theft ?? WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:30 PM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll leave stuff on my bike at rallies/bike nights but not anywhere else. I trust bikers. It's the others I don't trust.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought a new to me heritage and it has a helmet lock on it. i guess the guy before me locked his hemet. i never have, and only carry it in with me at work. if the place hired me then i know there standards.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was staying at the Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs 3 weeks ago. If any of you know the Crescent, it is a very nice hotel up on the hill with one way in and one way out. I covered my RK with my Harley cover that night. Went out the next morning and my cover was gone. It takes at least a minute or 2 to get that cover off the bike. It was parked right across the drive from the front door and could be seen by the front desk. That had to be a ballsy son of a bitch to take it like that.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I had my gloves stolen a few years back I left them pinched on the front of the seat and when I came back they were gone worse part is that I was a a local biker watering hole....

Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM
Dragan
Tourer

I rode for over 40 years and never gave it a second thought; get off the bike, hand the helmet on the bar end or footpeg...until last summer. I stopped at the grocery store for milk on the way home...parked on the island right outside the door, security guard just inside the door and I was in and out in under 5 minutes.

While inside, some A**HAT lifted my modular helmet and disappeared. If I'd have found him, I'd be in prison today because I'd have beaten him to death. I dunno why it pissed me off as bad as it did...hypes and junkies will steal anything, and some kids are just as stupid, but MAN, was I spooled!

Haven't left it on the bike ever since, and every time I go someplace and have to carry it around, I get pissed off all over again..the gift that just keeps on giving.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:51 PM
JustinDap
Cruiser

I wouldn't leave my jacket on the bike, but I do sometimes leave the helmet. More often then not though I take everything in with me where ever I am. Don't need some douche bag teenager steeling my stuff.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:13 PM
hommes
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Dragan
I rode for over 40 years and never gave it a second thought; get off the bike, hand the helmet on the bar end or footpeg...until last summer. I stopped at the grocery store for milk on the way home...parked on the island right outside the door, security guard just inside the door and I was in and out in under 5 minutes.

While inside, some A**HAT lifted my modular helmet and disappeared. If I'd have found him, I'd be in prison today because I'd have beaten him to death. I dunno why it pissed me off as bad as it did...hypes and junkies will steal anything, and some kids are just as stupid, but MAN, was I spooled!

Haven't left it on the bike ever since, and every time I go someplace and have to carry it around, I get pissed off all over again..the gift that just keeps on giving.
I'd bet the security guard took it.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
SG 1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Monkeymann_916
My answer to her is always "bikers dont steal from other bikers".....
Are any of you under the illussion that someone that rides a bike can't be a thief? A thief is a thief, he doesn't care who you are.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Comingapart
Cruiser

ugly scratched up helmet and stock seat. problem avoided.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
DocJ
Road Master

I know it's been a problem around here, especially for the Sport Bikers, to leave helmets behind. You can lock them, but some people are bound and determined to trash your stuff. They don't take it, just junk it up so it's unusable. For example, stomping the front windshield of a helmet, and cutting the strap to it. They seem to target the $400 helmets the most...

Outside of that, I haven't heard of one being stolen...

Quick Reply: Helmet theft ?? Seat theft ?? WTF??