General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ottawa Hills Cop gets 10 years

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Williams HK-WS
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He said he "did what he was trained to do". Sounds to me like he wasn't trained at all. As a LEO, I can usually see the officer's point of view and even understand it, but this story even makes me afraid to pull over! Incidents like this are part of what makes it so hard to do the job right these days. I despise monday morning quarterbacks, but just a little tactical training and application could have probably prevented this.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 AM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cowpokey
I hope they put him in GP and he gets *** raped for 10 years.

Didn't they ever look in the mirror to see there was a LEO behind them before hauling **** away at the light? The motorcyclists deserved to get pulled over, paralyzing him was a bit more punishment than he deserved.
The police car wasn't running the red and blue lights. The bikers thought the car behind them at the stop sign was a friend following them home in a car or pick-up. All they saw were the headlights because it was night. After they took off, the cruiser began pursuit and then lit up his emergency lights. That's when the bike pulled over and I guess the second bike freaked and started hopping curbs.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by clicker01
The police car wasn't running the red and blue lights. The bikers thought the car behind them at the stop sign was a friend following them home in a car or pick-up. All they saw were the headlights because it was night.
Seeing the bump guard, whatever it's called, it looked like a "standard" cruiser.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 AM
MikeDCop
Tourer

10 years may not seem like enough, and I'll be the first to say it should be double but just wait.

With a solid guilty verdict, the victim will have stronger footing for a VERY LARGE civil suit against the defendant, his trainer (since he said he did what he was "trained" to do), his supervisors, his department and his city.

He's going to need to make parole so he can get a job to pay the civil judgement.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:14 AM
Figstr
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cops are like anyone else. Most are level-headed and some are total ******. We all know which category this one falls in. It's a shame he only got 10 years. I would think the judge would have given him more, especially since he has no remorse. If I remember correctly, he had a couple similar incidents in the past but thankfully no one got hurt.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:35 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He needs his back broken. Eye fer an eye..... But then he would'nt feel those *** rapings he so deserves...
He's getting off easy..probably meet parole in 3 years.
The piece of ****.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:24 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
I notice that it didn't say "10 years without the possibility of parole".

I wouldn't bet against him getting out on parole for 'good behavior' after he completes the 3 year mandatory part...
if he makes it 3 years

Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by MikeDCop
With a solid guilty verdict, the victim will have stronger footing for a VERY LARGE civil suit against the defendant, his trainer (since he said he did what he was "trained" to do), his supervisors, his department and his city.

He's going to need to make parole so he can get a job to pay the civil judgement.
Taxpayers will have to cover that lawsuit. Won't hurt his pocketbook, other than the job loss.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by clicker01
I can't believe how smug this guy was during sentencing. Absolutely no remorse. First he tries to lie saying self defense, video proves he lied. Now he insists he acted in accordance with the law and his training. He says no amount of prison time will reverse the injury to the biker, nor will it rehabilitate since he doesn't recognize any criminal action on his part. He should have just told the truth, he panicked and F-uped really bad. Shown remorse and beg forgiveness from the biker; just manned up. How freaking pathetic.

His lawyer probably told him not to show any remorse... as someone else pointed out earlier in the thread, this is a huge payday for the victim, & any remorse, regret, or apology on the part of the LEO will only make it that much easier for the victim to collect... I ain't saying it right, but I am saying that's how the game is played...