General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ottawa Hills Cop gets 10 years

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:49 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

So what will he actually do, 3 years..........Maybe?

Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
94fatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Ohio carry tazers??

Old 06-21-2010, 11:32 PM
MikeDCop
Tourer

Should have been at least 10 more years. IMHO

If that's how he was trained, his FTO (Field Training Officer) failed him.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Enforcer419
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 94fatboy
Does Ohio carry tazers??
I know that Toledo PD does. Not sure about Ottawa Hills. Ottawa Hills is an area all to it's own. Like you can't mow your lawn after 6pm and no mowing on Sundays. The people that live there think their $hit don't stink. I just hope that this incident will be a learning tool for other PD depts in the area. Not all bikers are bad guys

Old 06-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Fireman_Rich
Cruiser

A very sad situation. A young man was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. An encounter with a rogue cop ended this mans ability to ever ride again. That is something that no one can ever put a price tag on. I agree that NOT all cops are bad, in fact 99% are very good individuals. However, it only takes one bad one to ruin your life!!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:16 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

good!!

Old 06-22-2010, 12:30 AM
clicker01
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe how smug this guy was during sentencing. Absolutely no remorse. First he tries to lie saying self defense, video proves he lied. Now he insists he acted in accordance with the law and his training. He says no amount of prison time will reverse the injury to the biker, nor will it rehabilitate since he doesn't recognize any criminal action on his part. He should have just told the truth, he panicked and F-uped really bad. Shown remorse and beg forgiveness from the biker; just manned up. How freaking pathetic.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 202 Likes on 29 Posts

I hope they put him in GP and he gets *** raped for 10 years.

Didn't they ever look in the mirror to see there was a LEO behind them before hauling **** away at the light? The motorcyclists deserved to get pulled over, paralyzing him was a bit more punishment than he deserved.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:58 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Either way, they're going to send him to a Federal facility where he can't possibly run into anybody that's he's arrested in the past, and it will probably be a country club as well. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.
Yes, you are wrong. I didn't see where it said it was Federal charges, and just being a cop that was convicted doesn't mean they get sent to Fed facilities. And the "country club" thing, you've been watching too much tv. I have been to some of the worst and some of the best prisons/camps. (all for one pot charge, they move you around a lot to use up taxpayer money so it doesn't get cut from their budgets, fly you all over the country, bus you from coast to coast, it is hard to believe but TRUE!)

Even the "best" prison camps are nothing like the movies show. He should do time in an Ohio State Prison, and since it was a violent crime, it SHOULD be in a higher security joint. But they do take care of their own, and I doubt we will ever know.

I have good friends that are cops. Good cops. But I have met some that don't deserve to breathe the same air that we do. It doesn't take much anymore to earn a badge job. But a badge doesn't make a good cop. The common sense factor, and control, is what separates the good from the bad.

He got one third or less of what he should have gotten. But if he hadn't run his mouth about "doing what I was trained to do," etc., I bet he would have gotten less.

F'ing coward, that is what he is.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:10 AM
ga guy
Cruiser

Cops don't have enough gun training.
You don't need to read anything just watch how cop was killed (not by biker):
http://www.lepricon.org/showthread.php?t=20254

Last edited by ga guy; 06-22-2010 at 01:14 AM.