General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They SAT on your BIKE???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Default They SAT on your BIKE???

Father's day and coincidentally my 4th anniversary with my little black babydoll (the bike is maroon, heheh) so my Puerto Rican buddy Angel and his wife ride with us out to a Mexi restaurant in a distant minimall.

We arrive and there's no "bumper zone" or up front empty spaces to put the bikes in, so we ride onto the 8' sidewalk and park under the restaurant windows and get the table next to the bikes, by luck.

Now, 20 years ago we worshipped our bikes and had a lot of attitude towards them. These older days, we worship the One who allowed us to LIVE this long and PROVIDED for the bikes, but we still demand some respect here for the property.

Waiting for our supper, this tourist-looking family comes up the walk, and an old man SITS on Angel's bike while the fam takes a picture. We could see no harm yet, although bristling a bit, but when it becomes JUNIOR's turn, I hit the door!

Years back I'd have wanted to stuff someone in a garbage can or do dental work, but instead, I just mentioned that the hot engine produces third-degree burns on junior's leg. His daddy mentions Angel's "Jesus Loves You" sticker on the bike. Hmmm...what to say...?

I said "And we love the $15,000 dollars that the bike costed; if you knock it over, it's gonna be about $1500 dollars for YOU to repair it." and went back inside.

The audacity of these idiots yet amazes me today still, but I thank God for some mellow thinking or I'd probably be in jail today, as this isn't the only incident I've had to temper down. And realistically, it's not an assaultable offense; they really meant no harm. They're just stupid, and you can't fix stupid.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:13 AM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really don't think i would punch somebody out for sitting on my bike.

having said that, i don't see much difference in what they did than climbing into someone's car and snapping a couple pics. just plain stupid.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:21 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Parked on the sidewalk, maybe they thought it was an amusement ride, did he try and shove some quarters in it?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:25 AM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
Parked on the sidewalk, maybe they thought it was an amusement ride, did he try and shove some quarters in it?
Haha, just what I was thinking...

Old 06-21-2010, 07:27 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Yer sposed to go all Jax on them!

you didn't see that episode of SOA? someone needs to put that scene on youtube

Last edited by schumacher; 06-21-2010 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:29 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,186 Likes on 22,600 Posts

I as most have way over $20 K in mine and something about that just irks me to think that someone would just set on my bike.
It would not be any different than me going up to someone's new car or pickup that was not locked and get in it just to set in it.
Now I ask you is that appropropriate to do or think that you could do that?
Hell no...

Old 06-21-2010, 07:32 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Wonder where people forgot the courtesy of asking .. Had a Father ask about taking some pictures of his daughter on the Bike, and said no problem even help her sit on it .. Guess in todays world some peoples manners have a lot to be desired ..

Old 06-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Especially if that car has 20 coats of hand-rubbed laquer, leather seats, chrome galore and tons of TLC put into it.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:42 AM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I for one would have gotten in someone's grill about getting on my bike. Yes it is the same as getting in someone’s car. And yes I have way more that 20K tired in my bike. And if they would have given some attitude then yes the cops may have been called and my defense would have been, I thought they were trying to steal my bike. I have zero tolerance for people messing with my scooter. I don't play well with others when it comes to it. Off to jail…. Oh well not again…. Nice thing about San Diego does not matter what time of year you get out of jail, the sun is always out and you can ride when you get home.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Don't park your bike on the sidewalk. Are you special? Do you park your car on the sidewalk? Do you park your car or bike in the fire lane in front of stores? Do you use handicap spots too? Quit whining about kids climbing on your bike when you park it on the sidewalk?
You crack me up, the "audacity" of these people. What about your "audacity" in parking on the sidewalk? Yes, it's wrong to touch someone else's property but two wrongs don't make a right?

Last edited by mcrider1; 06-21-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply: They SAT on your BIKE???