General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They SAT on your BIKE???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Around a dealership there is no safe place to park...I can't believe how people will come up and start screwing with bikes that are obviously NOT for sale...I have thought about getting a real looking rubber snake to put on the seat...Or mounting a large handgun holster on the handlebars...It might make them wonder about the disposition of the owner.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:53 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Well you just can't knock someone off your bike. That's stupid because the bike might fall over. Wait until they get off.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:55 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,192 Likes on 22,601 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
Don't park your bike on the sidewalk. Are you special? Do you park your car on the sidewalk? Do you park your car or bike in the fire lane in front of stores? Do you use handicap spots too? Quit whining about kids climbing on your bike when you park it on the sidewalk?
No I'm not special but my bike is and I'll park it about any F-in where I want to, especially out of percieved harms way.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:00 AM
screamin softail
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you showed great restraint. I can't believe what idiots we have running around these days.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 AM
RadarRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't have been happy one bit. I get tempramental over certain things & having a family full of yuppy tourist idiots sitting on my scooter would've been 1 of the straws that breaks the camel's back. However, I think I would've tried a scare tactic. Given the reputation a Harley could put on riders by their appearance & history; if you're decked out with HD black, leather, & some chit kickers, I would've run outside & just acted completely psycho like I was having a seizure & babble like a madman with arms all crazy like an oak tree. It also helps if you're over 6' tall as no one wants to screw with a gargantuan paranoid schizophrenic; if you're under 6', you might have to put some more effort into it. Give it a little eye twitch & maybe even some drool for good measure & they'll go screamin' for their minivan. That would DEFINITELY scare 'em & learn never to touch ANY bike for the rest of their feeble lives.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:02 AM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts

People are stupid, which is generally why I don't like most of them.

Years back I had a couple of show cars that I restored. One was a 59 Corvette and the wife and I entered it in a local car show. While we were sitting there talking with friends, a 5-6 year old boy ran up to the back, jumped on the trunk and walked up the trunk and jumped in the seat. I about had a coronary. When I got to the car and opened up the door for him to get out, his mother appeared with a camera and asked if she could snap his picture sitting behind the wheel...before he got out. This was all she said to me. I told her "NO" and told the kid to get out of my car.

Oh, next time don't park on the sidewalk....just saying.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:02 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
No I'm not special but my bike is and I'll park it about any F-in where I want to, especially out of percieved harms way.
So, if everyone parks on the sidewalk I guess we all just have to walk in the parking lot? Oh yeah, your bike ain't special, it's just a motorcycle.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:05 AM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rule No. 1: NEVER touch another man's bike!

Rule No. 2: Bikes can park ANYWHERE they damn well feel like!

Any questions ladies?

I didn't think so.

Last edited by Brooklyn Devil Dog; 06-21-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:06 AM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had people ask, and usually oblige (if it is a little kid). Sometimes I've even asked if the kid wants to sit on my bike. But we were at a friend's BBQ two weeks ago, across the yard down by the firepit, and I looked up towards the driveway and these two ladies with floppy hats were taking pics...one of them STRADDLED on my bike ~ like she was riding it (in a dress no less). I came running up the hill, and nicely mentioned the pipes were hot and the bike could easily tip over and get damaged and she replied, "we're just taking pictures...is this your bike?" Uhhhh...I could see what you were doing, and yes it is!...that just t'd me off more. My hubby restrained me from making a scene...I thought it was just plain rude of them, not to mention, they had no idea about the potential to knock it over or the value if they did, or really seem to care.

Last edited by DeLuxeLady; 06-21-2010 at 08:09 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:13 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,192 Likes on 22,601 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
So, if everyone parks on the sidewalk I guess we all just have to walk in the parking lot? Oh yeah, your bike ain't special, it's just a motorcycle.
To me it is special, and again I don't care what you F-in think.

Quick Reply: They SAT on your BIKE???