General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hoka Hey Crow

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 05:17 PM
jward
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hoka Hey Crow

I said a few months ago that this was probably a scam and and wouldn't happen....well the happen part has happened and I have a large platter of crow in the micro-lots of catsup....

Old 06-20-2010, 05:33 PM
hdtwice
Road Master

Originally Posted by jward
I said a few months ago that this was probably a scam and and wouldn't happen....well the happen part has happened and I have a large platter of crow in the micro-lots of catsup....
FWIW...your okay in my book jward...you could have just let it go yet you came in and said you were wrong. Stand up thing to do

Old 06-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,043 Likes on 7,312 Posts

I understand where you were coming from. I have a good buddy riding in the event as I type this and even he was a little uncertain about everything taking place until yesterday. To be organized they were not too organized on certain things which but a lot of doubt in folks minds.

Be sure and put a lot of salt on that crow it will taste better!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:08 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

You ain't the only one. ...........Several month ago the editor if Thunder Press magazine blasted the heII out of the event, more of less saying it was all a big conn.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

The game is too early to call. It will take four weeks after the event to tell if it was a scam. The scam will be if the $500,000 prize is not given out. Little of the $1K sign up fee was used to get the riders going on Sunday.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Gadgetguru
6th Gear

I'd hold off on the crow for now. The half mil is still in the promoter's pocket. And they have a clause in the rules that lets them end the event for just about any reason. If they do, of course there's no refund for the riders. Still plenty of time for this to turn into a scam.

That said, I truly hope that it doesn't come to that. Lots of good riders put down their hard earned cash for this. Definitely don't want to see them get screwed.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I had thought long and hard about it. The challenge of just making it there was enough for me. However, I truly hope the event is 1) safe, 2) better organized as it progresses, and 3) not a scam.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:34 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want to give someone $1000 to ride your bike that's your business I guess.
My thought is there was supposed to be like 1000 entries which would be 1 million dollars. So even if they do pay out 500 grand to the winner, that leaves another 500 grand that is gonna be split (I assume) among some people that really didn't have to do much at all except organize the event. And even if there isn't 1000 entries, I bet someone is still gonna pocket a bunch of cash for minimal effort. Nice scheme

Last edited by carpetride; 06-21-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:17 PM
snakeinthegrass
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carpetride -

Isn't that what it is all about, making money. Don't see it any different than Sturgis, Daytona and all the other rally's and rides i.e. charity rides. Just business as usual. I also hope that it is not a scam and the winner gets the half mill. Anyway, it is all about the ride, and all about the adventurous spirit of the riders. Most would probably do it without any payback, just to see if they had the gonads to make the ride. Just my opinon. Check the Hoka Hey site under charities, they will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the charties listed.

Last edited by snakeinthegrass; 06-21-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass
Carpetride -

Isn't that what it is all about, making money. Don't see it any different than Sturgis, Daytona and all the other rally's and rides i.e. charity rides. Just business as usual. I also hope that it is not a scam and the winner gets the half mill. Anyway, it is all about the ride, and all about the adventurous spirit of the riders. Most would probably do it without any payback, just to see if they had the gonads to make the ride.
yeah, but $1000 buy a LOT of gas.
Like I said, whatever floats your boat.

Guess I'm just cheap.