General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M/c club name's.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:51 PM
ironhead tommy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default M/c club name's.

I know that a few of you have been in a M/C club at one time or another. Im looking for a name for a club that I would like to start up.. Please no BS name's. I really would like to hear from you memeber's. Being a smart ***..

Last edited by ironhead tommy; 06-21-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:16 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

First off, if you're whanging away in here calling everybody "brother", you ain't nowhere near ready to start a sewing circle club, let alone a motorcycle club. Go here and read, then re-read, then read it through again, and then follow the accepted protocols: http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Feel free to PM if you have any questions after reading through MC101.

BTW, like the Ironhead! Don't see too many near-stock ones around any more. Good job.

Last edited by pococj; 06-20-2010 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added PM stuff.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Weed's Ironscoot
Cruiser

This oughta be good.

Old 06-20-2010, 12:25 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
First off, if you're whanging away in here calling everybody "brother", you ain't nowhere near ready to start a sewing circle club, let alone a motorcycle club. Go here and read, then re-read, then read it through again, and then follow the accepted protocols: http://www.rcvsmc.net/

BTW, like the Ironhead! Don't see too many near-stock ones around any more. Good job.
+1 defintly check out rcvsmc.net, imho i would suggest that you hang around one of your local clubs before you look into starting a club. starting a club from scratch is not an easy task and if you dont have the skill set expierience as a club member or better still a club officer then you may run into troubles before you get your first church sitting.

edit to add: in light of reading one of your posts in another thread wondering who the Outlaws MC are, i will surmise that you are nowhere near ready to start a club and have ALOT of knowladge and wisdom to gain with respect to the MC world

Last edited by NSCoyote; 06-20-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:14 AM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There is a big difference between a social riding club & a M.C. If your lookin' to throw up a 3 piece on your cut, it would be smart to approach a local prominent M.C. & get their blessing. You are trying to share an area with an established group who has earned their place.
Can you clarify what you want out of your club?

Old 06-20-2010, 01:30 AM
ecvjohnny
Tourer

try hanging around an established club in your area.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:37 AM
TorturedZen
Advanced

Chicago and surrounding areas is Outlaws turf. As mentioned previously you might want to touch base with them, maybe through a support club, to avoid any conflicts. If you're going to be representing with rockers they'll spot you sooner or later.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:58 AM
ironhead tommy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pococj

Thanks for liking 74 Ironhead.. Yeap she all Stock and a lot of hours wend into her. As for calling everyone Brother I thought we were all BROTHER'S in one way or another. Military Brothers and Club's. Maybe you didn't see my profile picture.. real well. I was being a smart *** about how the OL are. But I still like to hear about club names..
Ironhead Tommy

Last edited by ironhead tommy; 06-20-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:14 AM
BLKBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member

Damn I just took a look at your pictures and you have a nice little collection of bikes. All you need for your club is riders.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:21 AM
dogtownmax
Road Master

yknow, this sounds like bait because if you really want to start a club, either riding or mc, then you should have the vision to figure out the name yourself, BUT...

it is an interesting question.

so, while i think this is all bs, i would suggest the following:

think about what defines you, say a totem of the area your club represents. it doesnt have to be an animal, but something that is central to where you are like local mythology, landmarks, local war history or other historical events, ghost stories, whatever you can think of.

now think of an adjective that sharpens and describes the first thing.

now put them in the form of "the <adjective> <nouns>".

what have you got?

Quick Reply: M/c club name's.