General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M/c club name's.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
pjmoraldo
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
First off, if you're whanging away in here calling everybody "brother", you ain't nowhere near ready to start a sewing circle club, let alone a motorcycle club. Go here and read, then re-read, then read it through again, and then follow the accepted protocols: http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Feel free to PM if you have any questions after reading through MC101.

BTW, like the Ironhead! Don't see too many near-stock ones around any more. Good job.
definatly a good read!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:19 PM
hdtwice
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Based on the feel of the question, the name POSERS sounds appropriate.

I too am thinking is a troll post

Old 06-20-2010, 06:49 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead tommy
I know that a few of you have been in a M/C club at one time or another. Im looking for a name for a club that I would like to start up.. Please no BS name's. I really would like to hear from you memeber's. .
I have to say starting your our MC is not the right thing to do. Most of the time it doesn't work out. Dom clubs are not to excited about the fact that you want to create some "wild hogs" club. I asked the same type of questions on here and got burnt by many of the people on here, however there are several on here that will help guide you most will ask you to PM them and they will help. Further you run a high risk of another 1% club trying to make you patch over.

I ditched the starting a new club to finding one that fits my personality. An established one that is filled with guys that I think are like minded as myself. I am going through the process and hoping everything works out.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:23 PM
ironhead tommy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
Yeah, those FX SuperGlides were nice bikes.

The first "Brand New" Harley that I ever purchased was a 1972 FX SuperGlide that I got at Hannum's HD, outside of Media PA.

A few of us purchased them, and back in the day they were considered real runners. Don't know how many times I rode it across the country, and it was a great bike.

Sold it to a friend back in the late 1970's and I've been kicking myself ever since. It looked just like the 1972 FX SuperGlide in the below picture (which was 'borrowed' from the internet).

Very Nice Scooter... Noting like an OLD SCOOTER...

Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

How about an old school name like "Satans Foul Smelling Motorcycle Chainswingers". If that seems too harsh and antisocial may i respectfully suggest a somewhat milder and unoffensive name like "Groundsquirrels MC"(my apologies if this name is already taken). Then again i would probably suggest a name that would better relate to the actual circumstances of the formation of a new club by clueless riders like, "Going To Get Our Asses Kicked Sooner Or Later By Real Bikers MC"

Old 06-20-2010, 11:47 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,844 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Somebody, I don't care who, track this Poser down and just shoot him. Just once in the big toe. That's all. If you don't want to go to that extreme,then a light tap with a baseball bat against the posterior cranium will suffice.

Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Old Geezers MC LOL, OK just looking at your avatar, if that is you then you probably know what your asking, but keep this in mind, there are already several established clubs in Ill and MO. Ill you have of course the Outlaws MC, and in southern Ill you have the Back Door Men MC and probably a another 1 or two i have not seen or heard about. In Missouri you have Galloping Goose MC and Midwest Drifters MC..those are just the ones i know about, good luck to you. but why dont you just prospect and join an already established club?
im think also that this post is just a joke to get yet another 1%er thread going.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 AM
77HDFX
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad I looked at this thread.
Very nice low mile bikes you got!! Partial to shovels and ironheads myself. Since it is all I've ever had.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:17 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Chain Yankers MC.
'cause he's pulling everyone's chain...........

Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

I won't talk to the club name. Not my bag.

VERY nice bikes. It's getting pretty rare to see stock ironheads and shovels, esp. with the original AMF logos on the tank and in such nice condition. They look like they belong in a museum but I'm glad that you still ride them. If you dont' ride them, they will dry out and leak everywhere and also they get cranky and become a PITA.

Back when I was looking for a sporty, I nearly got a 74 but it had just been sold. It was black like one of yours but had the flatter seat. I wound up with a 75. I guess I'm a little better off with the left hand shift. It makes going from the ironhead to the Road King a little easier although I do try to heel kick the ironhead into gear every now and then.

Quick Reply: M/c club name's.