General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M/c club name's.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 06:24 AM
Hopper
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Well, I guess if you have to ask a net forum for the name of your new club, it won't be the Original Thinkers.

Beautiful set of old AMF bikes you got there. I would think a guy who can build those has been around the traps long enough to know what's what.

How about the Adios Mother F**kers?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:52 AM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Chi Town Twins

Old 06-20-2010, 06:58 AM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

I'm trying to remember if I've ever been associated with a group where the name existed before the group did. Perhaps you could just find a few guys to ride with and see what develops.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:27 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead tommy
Thanks for liking 74 Ironhead.. Yeap she all Stock and a lot of hours wend into her. As far calling everyone Brother I thought we were all BROTHER'S in one way or another. Military Brothers and Club's. Maybe you didn't see my profile picture.. real well. I was being a smart *** about how the OL are. But I still like to hear about club names..
Ironhead Tommy
There are plenty of different ways people call each other brothers. You are talking motorcycle club, and there is only one way someone is a brother - you are a member of the same club. I used that to point out the need for you to visit the "education" site I referenced. As far as your profile pic; if that's you, the normal assumption would be that you've been around long enough to know the ropes, which would lead one to believe this thread is a troll, and sure to be entertaining! But you gotta bring the popcorn 'cause I've eaten all mine up reading the latest bunch of "MC" threads... Besides, the pic is so small I can't see the details, bein' the ol' fart that THE MAMA accuses me of being.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I belong to a very exclusive MC. I am the only member and I haven't gotten around to voting on the club name yet.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:52 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,353 Likes on 8,411 Posts

[QUOTE=pococj;6888530] As far as your profile pic; if that's you, the normal assumption would be that you've been around long enough to know the ropes, which would lead one to believe this thread is a troll, and sure to be entertaining! QUOTE]

+ 1....

Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
There are plenty of different ways people call each other brothers. You are talking motorcycle club, and there is only one way someone is a brother - you are a member of the same club. I used that to point out the need for you to visit the "education" site I referenced.

And in case someone doesn't have the time (or is too lazy) to read the referenced "MC 101" site to see what the word Brotherhood means in the motorcycle community (especially when dealing with Traditional MC's), maybe the following will explain it in more detail;

"Here is a very good description was was written by 'Teacher' and part of the WWW.RCVSMC.NET (MC 101) Webpage. Probably many out there have read this before, and it explains how the term "Bro" or "Brother" means different things to different people;

"The word "Brother" has become very abused in the motorcycle world these days. Seems like if you buy a bike and a new set of leathers, everyone else that rides has now become your brother. Some call it Brotherhood when sharing the wind on two wheels. Some call it brotherhood when you ride a few roads together. Just what truly is brotherhood?

There are Brothers in Christ. Brothers in Masonic temples. Brothers in several organizations. Elite military units commonly form a brotherhood among the members of squads. Navy Seals for example, are more than the sum of their individuals. They become more than just a team. They become brothers, totally committed to one another up to and including giving their lives for one another if necessary. Men that have shared combat together have formed such close relationships as to call each other brother. While these are no less committed than any other Brotherhoods, when it comes to the motorcycle world, there is also a very strong bond among those that call themselves Brothers.

What is a Brother in the MC world?

Once you've gone through the hangaround period, the members of the Club have viewed your behavior, your attitude, your dedication, trust and loyalty, to be there. If you've actually completed this period, then you may be asked to become a prospect. During this time you are put under a much more intense review. You and the other members of the club find out if you are suited to be a part of the club and if you can accept the other members as Brothers just as much as if they can accept you and call you Brother. Can you dedicate yourself to the others as close as you would your own flesh and blood? Many times it is an even closer commitment than family. The person that you call Brother becomes family as a part of his as well as you being a part of theirs. A common phrase used in MC circles is ”I am my Brother’s keeper”. This means you will support him and help him any way you can, sometimes to the point of selling your bike to help him, quitting your job to go help him and, in some cases, Brothers have even done things that they already know could get them put in jail because they were willing to take that step to help a Brother out.

With all that commitment, it’s also that you would not ask a Brother to do something drastic without very good cause. Brothers may disagree, but they will always respect one another and treat each other with respect.

Please take note that if you haven't had any experience being around some of the more serious MC's (1%, support clubs, etc.), they take the word "Brother, or Bro" very serious, and they'll only use the word as a show of respect towards their own club, their members, and any club who they've also bestowed that word upon.

And if a club overhears someone throwing around the word lightly within their midst, it could cause them to aggressively educate those whom they felt disrespected them by abusing the word.

Next time you feel the need to call someone Brother or Bro, just what is behind it? Commitment or just trying to sound cool?

Written by: Teacher"

Old 06-20-2010, 11:39 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

Love that FX! '78 Superglide was my first Harley-in '78.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:52 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckw2
Love that FX! '78 Superglide was my first Harley-in '78.
Yeah, those FX SuperGlides were nice bikes.

The first "Brand New" Harley that I ever purchased was a 1972 FX SuperGlide that I got at Hannum's HD, outside of Media PA.

A few of us purchased them, and back in the day they were considered real runners. Don't know how many times I rode it across the country, and it was a great bike.

Sold it to a friend back in the late 1970's and I've been kicking myself ever since. It looked just like the 1972 FX SuperGlide in the below picture (which was 'borrowed' from the internet).

Old 06-20-2010, 12:52 PM
capitalist_slave
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead tommy
I know that a few of you have been in a M/C club at one time or another. Im looking for a name for a club that I would like to start up.. Please no BS name's. I really would like to hear from you memeber's. .
How about Sons of Anarchy, you could use a reaper for the backpatch.

Quick Reply: M/c club name's.