General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is F*#k'ed up?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Shovelhead77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This is F*#k'ed up?????

ORIGINAL: SDMF

I'm sticking with the Chris Angel theory. Unless you see something I'm missing, those are spoked wheels on his bike, and that means tubes. We have to know if you find a screw in your tire Shovelhead, or if I'm on to something here.
I like Chris Angel,,, He does some messed up stuff,, But he wasn't around, and the Screw or nail theory, we can dump that out the window, I checked the tire this afternoon, Nothing, the tire is in brand new shape. The valve stem is good also, I went through everything I could think of today can't come up with a logical explanation. Went for a ride everything went well, I just can't figure it out.... The guy who help us out last night did inform me about a repair shop just down the road from where this happend. incase I needed to buy a new tire... Maybe I need to start getting all my parts from him Now... Gremlins man, Freaking Gremlins,,, I really think I need to get some Bells... Ride safe all, and stay away from the intersection of State Rt. 54 and State Rt 414, Up the west side of Seneca lake..... Bad things will happen, Bad things...
Daryl

Old 08-23-2006, 11:50 PM
cmorris48
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very strange ! Fortunate for you and your GF. Nothing like a tire failure at any speed to scare the sh*t out of ya ! Check the tire, valve stem etc, thoroughly is the best advice I saw posted.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 AM
ROLLNTIGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seneca Army Depot, testing the new air deflation missle. You were probably on radar as a low flying target and some E-2 took a shot at ya! LOL

Old 08-24-2006, 02:30 AM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ApeKing

happened toa friend of mine. Im betting yuor valve stem is cracked on the inside and that one stop it got into a position that allowed the air to leak out. Get a valve stem removal wrench and a spare valve stem and replace the guts. I keep a spare stem and wrench in my tool kit since this happened to him. Oh yeah and I heard the bell had to come from another rider so GF as a passenger doesnt qualify.

Either that or you've got a nail or something in the tire. Putting pressure on it at the right angle let the air out. I don't personally buy the valve stem bit (as far as the schrader valve letting loose... now a cracked or dried out valve stem is possible though unlikely)
since it doesn't know where it is position-wise and no weight on the bike will affect the valve stem.

Let us know what happens.

Old 08-24-2006, 02:54 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Strange Days Indeed" John Lennon

Old 08-25-2006, 12:09 AM
sully
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, sounds like a valve without a cap-- got some junk stuck in it momentarily. Never run without a valve stem cap......