General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have a sub 10 second Harley??

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:17 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 590 Posts

A good friend of mine is laying down low 9s at 137mph with a 1250cc drag bike. N/a engine stock cases, bottom end, tranny

Old 11-29-2013, 05:25 PM
ThreatLevel Midnight
Road Master
Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Aw rats I misunderstood the thread.
But back in college I could run the 100 yard dash in just under ten seconds. Does that help at all?

Old 11-29-2013, 05:28 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

The owner of the local Harley dealer does but I don't think it's very streetable.

Old 11-29-2013, 05:33 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmarklin
That extra second would come very hard to get below the tens.

I'm very impressed with dope man's post. Not many bikes run in the 10s.
This and it would cost going into 5 figures to get that extra second and " streetable " only the loosest since of the word . Bike would an constant problem just starting and you'd be screwing around with and tweaking something constantly .

Old 11-29-2013, 05:35 PM
Guitardude
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm amazed at these kind of questions. If you wanta a hotrod go buy a hot rodhod. Any of the larger crotch rockets will do it.

Geez...

Old 11-29-2013, 06:09 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

what a crock of chit. a streetable harley running in the 9's? nitrous and a lot of engine work- maybe. get off your high horse--a harley is not fast-never has been and never will be. a stock suzuki hayabusa or several other jap bikes will fly past a harley. ducati and bmw are both way faster. this may be a harley forum, but they are not fast motorcycles. john forces' funny car may be "streetable" and the vance and hines v-rods could be driven on the road. a harley on nitro is like a fuel altered car---great when they hook up and make a good pass--just not going to happen very often.

harley davidsons are an underpowered and over-priced motorcycles...you can throw a lot of money at them and they are still not comparable to other stock production motorcycles. when the n.h.r.a. changed the rules to make pro-stock motorcycle a fair class and not give the harley v-rods an unfair advantage, the moco threw several million dollars at the class, and still had one bike finish in the top 10 at seasons end. any one with a sub 10 second harley has spent some serious money and still does not have a competitive motorcycle.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:20 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by dan conner
what a crock of chit. a streetable harley running in the 9's? nitrous and a lot of engine work- maybe. get off your high horse--a harley is not fast-never has been and never will be. a stock suzuki hayabusa or several other jap bikes will fly past a harley. ducati and bmw are both way faster. this may be a harley forum, but they are not fast motorcycles. john forces' funny car may be "streetable" and the vance and hines v-rods could be driven on the road. a harley on nitro is like a fuel altered car---great when they hook up and make a good pass--just not going to happen very often.

harley davidsons are an underpowered and over-priced motorcycles...you can throw a lot of money at them and they are still not comparable to other stock production motorcycles. when the n.h.r.a. changed the rules to make pro-stock motorcycle a fair class and not give the harley v-rods an unfair advantage, the moco threw several million dollars at the class, and still had one bike finish in the top 10 at seasons end. any one with a sub 10 second harley has spent some serious money and still does not have a competitive motorcycle.

thats not the point....for me anyway. the point is making an old 1957 prehistoric bike...xl in my case. faster than it is in stock form. American iron, beer, wrenching on it yourself in ones shop, drinking and enjoying. You dont need a ton of money to make a harley faster than stock. And frankly if you can ride, you can suprize a lot of bikes at the strip on fun days. We all know metrics are fast, quick.

but what we all dont know, people like you, is that is not our point.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

besides....90 percent of racing is bracket or index anyway....at least for the joe smoe guys like me.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:22 PM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner

That's hitting a 6 penny nail with a 2lb sledge.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:27 PM
HotIceHD
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have other bikes capable of (well under) 10s / quarter, but for me, the HD is for chillin, not racing.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a sub 10 second Harley??