General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harleys don't suck

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010 | 06:30 PM
keith_stepp
|
Banned
Default Harleys don't suck

Someone asked me the other day to 'fess up and spill on all the problems I have been having with my bike since I bought it a year ago. Excuse me? WTH?!

This person rides a metric BTW, but it is kind of funny because, his "dream bike" is a Road King. Anyhoo...

Sorry. My Harley doesn't suck. It has 40K miles on it and it still runs and rides like new. It has proven itself to be a reliable, comfortable, functional, good handling and performing bike. I don't feel any buyers remorse other than I wish I had not wasted $7k on a new V-Star 650 and another $6.5k on a used Vulcan 900. I should have bought the Sporty I first wanted, then traded it in on my EGC; I would have saved some money in the long run.

P.S.
Chicks dig Harleys and the guys who ride them.

Old 06-17-2010 | 07:47 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member

I've had my Fatboy for over two years with the same results. No problems, very reliable. No regrets. Just wish I could afford to have a Ultra along with my Fatboy.

Old 06-17-2010 | 07:53 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member

Harleys don't suck but them bitches that hang around biker bars do.YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAWWWWW,I love em!

Old 06-17-2010 | 08:39 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy

I've only had mine since April 28th, but I've put on 2472 miles and have loved every minute of it! HD could probably improve on a lot of things, but if I had it to do all over again I would!

Old 06-17-2010 | 08:43 PM
PnDegc
Road Master

Old 06-17-2010 | 09:58 PM
Rockrspud
Road Warrior

My fat Boy is broke down now, thats ok I'll fix it and keep on loving the bike.
Harley's are an old design of motorcycle and that is why I ride one,they are alot better than they used to be , my first HD was a 59 pan and it broke all the time...or shook itself apart but that was ok too.
Harley's cost money to own no way around it ...even now !
I got a quote from someone on the fourm I don't remember who it was but it's true........"Some non-Harley riders feel like they have to constantly compare bikes or rag on Harleys without any real provocation. It's almost like they feel like they have to justify the fact that they don't have a Harley"

Last edited by Rockrspud; 06-17-2010 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-17-2010 | 10:03 PM
twistr
Road Warrior

People don't realize that they have come along way from the AMF years...not to say that people don't have problems with newer, but no way near the problems of past - JMO

Old 06-17-2010 | 10:19 PM
Rockrspud
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by twistr
People don't realize that they have come along way from the AMF years...not to say that people don't have problems with newer, but no way near the problems of past - JMO
You are right I had a 76 sporty(AMF)and had nothin but trouble with that bike....I fixed it and rode it and yes I liked it.....(I rode my 79 shovel more back then but it was a 79 not an AMF it broke too and I fixed it and Loved it too.
The Metric bikes are a whole different world of bike...I've owned them too.

Old 06-17-2010 | 11:34 PM
CroK
Banned

Well, I have to disagree with this. My Harley does indeed suck. Every time I lay on the throttle, I can hear the engine drawing in a large breath of air each time one of the pistons pounds out the intake stroke. Of course, I have added the SE Breather kit with the K&N filter though. I like the sucking sound. It just adds to the riding experience...

Old 06-18-2010 | 05:59 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member

I would have had some fun with him and told him that it was the most worthless piece of junk you had ever owned, stayed in the shop 10 months out of the year, leaked oil everywhere, and you were thinking about buying a Honda.

I bet he would have offered to buy it from you right there on the spot.

Quick Reply: Harleys don't suck