General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Ride on the Speed Channel

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:36 PM
Draggin S
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard Ride on the Speed Channel

Well,

They must be running out of material for the Speed Channel....they are showing a movie called the Hard Ride multiple times. I saw most of the whole thing in a few parts. Somebody was asking the name of it awhile back.....about a Vietnam Vet that returns to bury his buddy that gives him his Chopper. A pretty stupid movie but the bikes were interesting. I missed what year it was made the three times it took me to watch the whole thing but it was probably in the late sixties or early seventies. I think I hear them mention Victorville and some other town I forgot but I don't know where it was made.

Lots of Old School Choppers...I think they were supplied by Downy or Downey however you spell it. In one scene a guy wanted a set of apes and the guy kept telling him they would be too tall and he would get a ticket but the rider just wanted to "stick it to the Man"....ya right. I like the part where they were riding the Rigids across the desert and rocks and gullys and whatever, people pee down there leg now when there's a patch of dust on the pavement somewhere....I saw part of another movie awhile back where they actually rode their Choppers through a creek and up a canyon to go get somebody's stolen bike in Mexico or somewhere, I can't remember the name of that one.

That's the problem with Two-Wheel-Tuesday on the Speed Channel, they don't have enough bike stuff on it and show other programming usually in the morning....sure people work in the morning but you can alway record it and watch it later if it's at least on there.

Regards,
Draggin S
V.B. WideGlide

Old 08-22-2006, 05:00 PM
mkultra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hard Ride on the Speed Channel

Well i will admit that i watched the whole thing. There were quite a few funny things...the music seemed to try to make a biker movie into a family movie...when the 2 bad azz dudes go into Moms for trouble one orders coffee and the other buttermilk??? WTF...it was made in 1971 the acting sucked...the fight scenes were a riot and the characters very badly sterotyped...all in all it was entertaining in an odd way. But heck im odd so.....

Mike
03 RoadKing 103ci
White Pearl

Old 08-22-2006, 05:31 PM
DMSC
Road Master

Speed shows a lot of old auto/motorcycle "B" movies. I saw one a few weeks back called "Rebel Rowsers"...I never did figure out exactly what the heck the plot to that one was! [&:]

Old 08-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

I think Rebel Rousers was the one that I saw awhile back. They had a harescramble run across a creek and up a canyon on Choppers to go get some guys stolen bike back. The guys that stole it were "Beaners??" ---yes, Carlos Mencia is one of my new Heroes----trouble broke out and the guy with the stolen bike grabbed a Cop's bike and took off and got shot running from the Cop's partner....I think the guy was Bruce Dern????...he always gets to play the bada$$. It was a monumental flick, that's all I remember about it??????

Old 08-22-2006, 06:24 PM
DMSC
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Draggin S

Well,

I think Rebel Rousers was the one that I saw awhile back. They had a harescramble run across a creek and up a canyon on Choppers to go get some guys stolen bike back. The guys that stole it were "Beaners??" ---yes, Carlos Mencia is one of my new Heroes----trouble broke out and the guy with the stolen bike grabbed a Cop's bike and took off and got shot running from the Cop's partner....I think the guy was Bruce Dern????...he always gets to play the bada$$. It was a monumental flick, that's all I remember about it??????
Yep...that's the one. Looked like it was filmed in Mexico or some similar local. There was some women who's husband came down to find here or something...

Wasn't there two guys riding 2-up in there?

Old 08-22-2006, 06:44 PM
Draggin S
Road Master

Well,

I think there was two guys riding two-up in both of them.....I think the one guy was giving the other a ride to get his stolen bike back but the Hard Ride one showed the black guy that owned the Chopper riding on the back of his own Chopper......never did figure that out?????

One of the funny parts of Hard Ride had the bada$$ biker holding a knife on the Vets throat. He told the Vet to get on the bike and go where he told him. The Vet got on the bike, fired it up and the biker got on behind him and put the knife back on his throat.......???????????? What the?????? When the Vet got on the bike and fired it up, why didn't he just take off on the bike????? What would the biker have done, throw his pocketknife at him as he rode away???? too funny.

Old 08-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

rebel Rousers was the one with the little biker gang causing trouble, then they were gonna rape a girl, and the sorta leader made goofy races on the beach or something so she could get away. Not jack Nicholson's best movie

Don't forget 'Hells Angels on Wheels'. That was another great one they played a month or so ago.

Did you catch 'the peace killers'? that one was pretty funny. Hippies vs Bilers, then other bikers and hippies vs bad bikers.

I like the 'lost drive-in' that they do on speed. Lots of funny old car/bike movies.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 PM
rlmcruiser
Advanced

Link from IMDB on Hard Ride......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0065815/

Starred Robert Fuller....some of you older folks may remember him as Dr. Kelly Brackett on the TV show Emergency!

Old 08-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

To rate these flicks as "B" movies is overly generous I think. Man, these movies are clinkers! Kinda entertaing in an offbeat campy kinda way though ya know? I was about 14 years old when these movies were made, and back then I thought they were bad. Remember "Hell's Angels on Wheels"? ( Jack Nicholson) "The Sweet Ride"?( John Casservetes) Easy Rider broke the mold though. Alot of people don't like it but I think it took the low budget genre to a whole new level.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 AM
Terrapin Flyer
3rd Gear

Hey Draggin S, the movie you're thinking of is "The Wild Angels." Bruce Dern as the Loser, Peter Fonda as Heavenly Blues, and Diane Ladd as the Loser's old lady. And Nancy Sinatra thrown in too. It's the Roger Corman flick that started the biker B movie craze in 1966. Classic stuff and one of MGM's Midnite Movies on DVD.

It belongs in every collection of trashy biker flick collections. I've got a dozen or so now, and this one is one of the "better" ones. My all time favorite movie quote is from this flick. At the Loser's funeral, the preacher asks Heavenly what he wants-- "We wanna be free to ride our bikes without getting hassled by the man. And we wanna get loaded!"

Quick Reply: Hard Ride on the Speed Channel