General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why cagers get upset

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:41 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
to the OP most clubs run hard fast and tight, they are used to it hell you would hate to see me and the guys i run around with riding on the highway, while we aint a patched club or anythign liek that when where riding its usualy 130-140kmh and not much more then a few feet between us, if the traffic slows down will split single and go around.

as for risking everyones lives imho when it comes to speeds above a parking lot the only life i am risking is my own when riding and tis my right to risk it. and before ya get on to the "theres other people on the road" ya and if i clip someone or they clip me i really doubt they are gonna be hurt
It may be your life to risk and your right to risk it but doing something that would put others at risk.... well isn't that negligence? For instance if you cut me off, I swerve so I don't take you out and hit someone else and injure them... your not responsible??

Old 06-14-2010, 10:51 PM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

The flow interupted...

Old 06-14-2010, 10:52 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by sucherman
The flow interupted...
Uhuh... hehe!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:56 PM
BLACK BAGGER
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did someone say BEER DRINKER'S with a bike problem ????

Old 06-14-2010, 11:19 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
It may be your life to risk and your right to risk it but doing something that would put others at risk.... well isn't that negligence? For instance if you cut me off, I swerve so I don't take you out and hit someone else and injure them... your not responsible??
well i suppose it ould depend on ho you view it, and it would boil don to semantics really.

on one hand it could be viewed that way, but there is always another way to view it .

yes i cut you off, BUT you made a concious choice to swerve to avoid me, so if you look at it from that angle then whos fault would it be mine for choosing to cut you off or yours for choosing to swerve, in my mind had you taken me out it would be my own fault for cutting you off if you clip me.

just another way to look at it

Old 06-14-2010, 11:58 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mcg
Witnessed a good reason yesterday why cagers get ticked at us. I was coming out of Cincinnati at 12:30 on I-75 heading up the 'big' hill into Ky (Those of you who have ridden 75 know it well). I was in my van (not on my RK) doing 65 in the left lane (55 speed limit) behind a string of cars. Hear the roar behind me of 5 "outlaws" from Georgia riding together (all baggers). Maybe 4 feet off my tail. I had no where to go because of traffic in front of me. It's four lanes wide up the hill with slow trucks in the right two lanes. They get ticked doing 65 and start weaving across 4 lanes (all five of them) in and out of cars cutting people off at about 3 feet. I braked hard when they cut back in front of me. I watched this all the way up the hill and waited for them to kill themselves and cause a lot of other people to wreck. Another five miles down the interstate and they are still at it.
They point here is that I could care less if they want to ride like that when they are alone, but on the interstate with cars jammed up doing 70+ and they are playing chicken with everyone's life....well, that's where that kind of jerk riding has no place.....IMO And just in case someone in that pack is reading this and you get ticked....I don't think your freedom to ride like a BA entitles you to put other lives at risk like that.
That said, I do hope they made it home in one piece.
I hope they all are organ donors, if so thank god they don't transplant brains

Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 AM
carlgrover
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,267 Likes on 1,311 Posts

My everyday experience is that the cagers are the ones driving like nutcases. I've been passed several times in the last couple of weeks while doing the speed limit; in a no passing zone. I got passed on a two lane road last week on the RIGHT side of the road.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:14 AM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm..outlaws riding like..outlaws...who'd a thunk it?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:17 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
well i suppose it ould depend on ho you view it, and it would boil don to semantics really.

on one hand it could be viewed that way, but there is always another way to view it .

yes i cut you off, BUT you made a concious choice to swerve to avoid me, so if you look at it from that angle then whos fault would it be mine for choosing to cut you off or yours for choosing to swerve, in my mind had you taken me out it would be my own fault for cutting you off if you clip me.

just another way to look at it
So you are saying that if you should just happen to accidentally say cut a cage off, the driver should just run you down rather than even trying to avoid you? Is that actually what you were trying to say?

Side note -
Dear Mr. Cage Driver,
Should I ever cut you off, for any reason, even if I did it on purpose, please, please try not to run me down.
Thank you for your courtesy,
PFWiz
(The guy you didn't smear across the road cause I was stupid.)

Last edited by PFWiz; 06-15-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:36 AM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A whole lot of candidates for Darwin awards out there, and some in here, apparently! You can drive fast defensively too! Anyone ever witness a chain reaction crash? THe recipe for one is out there every day, I would rather that I wasn't the cook.

Quick Reply: Why cagers get upset