General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laconia bike week

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010 | 01:49 PM
red69camaro
Tourer

You actually took pictures of Laconia bike week and it wasn't raining. bull ****.

Old 06-16-2010 | 02:22 PM
swampfox_csa
Tourer

[quote=Wicked Cricket;6869749]I've been going to Lake George for almost 20 yrs, went to Laconia last year, have to say Lake Geo. is 10 times a better place to have a rally. Lake Geo's Main St. is 5 wide blocks long and it's crazy with bikes and every kind of vehichle you can imagine. I've been to Sturgis twice, Daytona, Laconia and a few other rally's and I rank Lake Geo., or Americade, or Adirondake Bike Week, whatever you want to call it, right up there with any of them. I hardly even saw many Gold Wings, as they have faded into the past basically, or show up early and leave mid week. Weekend Thur - Sat is cruiser city. It doesn't have any bikini bars, but there's plenty of bars and restaurants downtown, countless motels/hotels right in Lake Geo., and the crowd gets into it and has a great time, even see a flasher or two now and then (like the girls in the convertable this year). . Personally I think Lake Geo. is underrated./quote]

+1 on the Lake George comments. Got back from my first Americade this past weekend after doing the full week. None of the 4 of us came back with any "wtf" moments. Things were well thought out, well managed and I never felt like we were invading an unwilling setting. LE was visible but non-intrusive. I imagine they got into it when needed but I saw nothing of it. The town is clean from start to finish, so you know they had their act together. Spent Thursday in a local watering hole on the main drag and, once the rain stopped, it was 4 solid lanes of bikes going up and down. Quite the show. I'll be back. Can't comment on Laconia as I haven't been yet.