Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mikes Famous, Smyrna DE

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 04:08 PM
jefnightrain
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mikes Famous, Smyrna DE

Has anyone ever dealt with Mikes Famous in Smyrna DE before? I was over to an open house last week & his prices are crazy. He must jack em up & then make you feel good because he's cutting the sticker or something. It was too crowded to talk to a salesman, but I thought $24,000 for an 09 Road King classic was a little nuts. & thats all the stickers have - the year & the price - no options list or anything

Old 06-13-2010, 04:24 PM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior

I've only been there once as a lunch stop with America's 911 ride last August, and never dealt with them on buying anything, but I had the same impression from just looking around the sales floor. His prices were a good 10-15% higher than what I am used to seeing in the Central Florida area, but I had no reference for what prices are in the Northeast so I couldn't say they were in-line or not.

Old 06-13-2010, 04:32 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
Has anyone ever dealt with Mikes Famous in Smyrna DE before? I was over to an open house last week & his prices are crazy. He must jack em up & then make you feel good because he's cutting the sticker or something. It was too crowded to talk to a salesman, but I thought $24,000 for an 09 Road King classic was a little nuts. & thats all the stickers have - the year & the price - no options list or anything
They got pretty good sandwhiches in the sub shop ...

Old 06-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Jerry1834
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Terrible Hamburgers! Pretty nice store....we stop once a year on the way North.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:50 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by cromagnon
They got pretty good sandwhiches in the sub shop ...

..that's in the one at NewCastle DE..the one in Symrna don't have 'em..but you're right, they are damn good subs..and their prices are a good couple of thousand dollars higher, probably just to keep the serious tire kickers in the store..talk to a salesgirl named Angie..she'll do ya right..

Old 06-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Rangerdan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 2010 Street bob from Mikes Famous in Groton, CT. I got a killer deal and plus they gave all kinds of extras. Like 6 T-shirts, a $100 service card, free stickers, patches, and a awsome deal on a jacket. And they delivered it too. Great people to work with. But then again it was also the middle of Feb.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Auckland
Tourer

Mikes in NewC and Smyrna are owned by Annapolis HD. Or I should say All 3 are owned by the same guy. Different people run each one though. Mike's F in NC Does have really high prices. The guys at Annapolis will tell you.

Old 06-14-2010, 07:29 AM
CapnAdventure
Outstanding HDF Member

I always ignore the sticker prices...I know they are jacked up. When I bought my two, I knew what the HD prices and the accessory prices were, and negotiated down from there. Got great deals on both my Sporty's. I have also gotten great deals from their svc. dept. Oh yeah, I go to the New Castle store.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 AM
dark
5th Gear

Like Rangerdan I bought my 09 Train at the Mike's Famous in Groton CT. They were great, and I got a really good deal. Pretty much the same experience, lots of stuff thrown in, cash off the aftermarket parts, etc. Plus, as an added bonus, the sales manager Heidi is SMOKIN!

Old 06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
NAMVET
Tourer

Originally Posted by Auckland
Mikes in NewC and Smyrna are owned by Annapolis HD. Or I should say All 3 are owned by the same guy. Different people run each one though. Mike's F in NC Does have really high prices. The guys at Annapolis will tell you.
True, they are owned by Dave Rommel. I know the family very well.
Prices have always been high.

Quick Reply: Mikes Famous, Smyrna DE