General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed limit

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010 | 08:50 AM
paguy
|
Road Captain
Default speed limit

Like most of us I've got to occassionally test my riding ability and the bikes preformance. 07 RKC so I'm not out there raceing. This morning wanted to get a short ride in before the storms come in. To make this ride last the day I rode at the speed limit, a lazy ride.
The first women with her old man in a pick up truck cut me off dead as I was turning in from a 4 lane to a side road. She was looking right at me and pulled out. Since I was doing the speed limit it was no problem brakeing and letting her go.
The second couple must have been going to church and pulled out from my right off a side road. Again, doing speed limit, hit brakes. I don't think they even know they cut me off.
Just a comment about doing near the speed limit in populated areas.

Old 06-13-2010 | 09:00 AM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member

If you had been going faster, you would have been farther down the road when they pulled out. It would have all happened behind you.

Old 06-13-2010 | 09:33 AM
harleyriv
Road Master

Originally Posted by hollowpoint
If you had been going faster, you would have been farther down the road when they pulled out. It would have all happened behind you.
Lol!....

Old 06-13-2010 | 09:35 AM
RACKnRAIL
Road Master

If you had been going faster you would've beat them to church.

Old 06-13-2010 | 09:42 AM
brockstwrt
Tourer

Please don't worry about my riding skills/speed. I will be just fine untill my number is up. Have fun doing the speed limit and dodging old ladys on sunday mornings.

Old 06-13-2010 | 08:20 PM
Cowpokey
Outstanding HDF Member

I have a feeling all the signs here are not calibrated to the speedometer on my bike, but I try to make the numbers match when possible.

Old 06-13-2010 | 10:51 PM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't get the post ........we all do the speed limit here.

Old 06-13-2010 | 11:26 PM
dogtownmax
Road Master

Originally Posted by paguy
Like most of us I've got to occassionally test my riding ability and the bikes preformance. 07 RKC so I'm not out there raceing. This morning wanted to get a short ride in before the storms come in. To make this ride last the day I rode at the speed limit, a lazy ride.
The first women with her old man in a pick up truck cut me off dead as I was turning in from a 4 lane to a side road. She was looking right at me and pulled out. Since I was doing the speed limit it was no problem brakeing and letting her go.
The second couple must have been going to church and pulled out from my right off a side road. Again, doing speed limit, hit brakes. I don't think they even know they cut me off.
Just a comment about doing near the speed limit in populated areas.
wow, no tailgaters!

Old 06-14-2010 | 02:49 AM
paguy
|
Road Captain

Yo guys, no lecture intended. Just telling events as they were. Oh, and I try to avoid tailgaters. Pull over and let them go by.

Old 06-14-2010 | 04:06 AM
hardwork2
Road Warrior

speed limit signs merely a suggestion

Quick Reply: speed limit